• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Phil Brown in for the Bradford City job

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Interesting reaction on Twitter, see '30 people are talking about this' at the bottom of the post.

Last edited:
I don't think he's any more in for that than he was for any of the jobs he was linked with while with us!

Cambridge United would seem a more likely destination for PB

I read SCP after match comments and how he walks into the change rooms each morning and looks around at the amazing talent sitting there, that amazing talent sitting there was got there by PB and RM and SCP im sure is thankful to both ,PB has gone now but left us with a very talented squad, he got us to Wembley and a promotion ,so this season went pear shaped for him mainly i read because of one bad apple he tried to hard to alter. Give him his just dues people and stop knocking him , i for one say thankyou to him for all he has done and hope very quickly he gets another managers job at a decent club like ours .

I read SCP after match comments and how he walks into the change rooms each morning and looks around at the amazing talent sitting there, that amazing talent sitting there was got there by PB and RM and SCP im sure is thankful to both ,PB has gone now but left us with a very talented squad, he got us to Wembley and a promotion ,so this season went pear shaped for him mainly i read because of one bad apple he tried to hard to alter. Give him his just dues people and stop knocking him , i for one say thankyou to him for all he has done and hope very quickly he gets another managers job at a decent club like ours .

Yes, CP walks in to the changing rooms and sees amazing talent. That comment went into the local paper, the one that talent reads. What they aren't reading is how rubbish they are and how they should be taking a long hard look at themselves.

Three from three speaks volumes of how egos are being dealt with now and perhaps where the last one was going wrong.

They've now appointed Simon Grayson.

I think what I have noticed most since Powell joined is how much he seems to get players motivated and really playing for each other. Even down to the little things, when we scored all 10 outfield players celebrating together. Great to see!

The off the ball work rate was relentless on saturday, I don't think I have ever seen a sufc side work so hard! I love the fact that Powell 'seems' to actually have a game plan and tactics. I respect what Brown did in getting us out of league 2 but even that he nearly messed up. Brown never really seemed to have much of a game plan or any fresh new ideas.

For reasons we'll probably never know it seems definite that he lost the dressing room. For fans, I felt his arrogant ego was the issue. Add the constant looking for other jobs aspect of things and that was the beginning of the end for me.

I think Powell still has a fair bit of shipping players out to do in the summer, effectively getting rid of some of Browns crap but I am genuinely excited to see what happens next season.

Safe to say, it feels good again to be a sufc fan and to have a fans favourite in charge is a bit of a dream.

his interested in the Grimsby job as of today now then:smile:any club will do by the sounds of it.

To be fair to him aside from Hull (which he probably wasted without thinking about the future) he's probably never been paid enough to retire on, if you're unemployed you'll take what you can get, which is probably the only reason he joined us in the first place.

To be fair to him aside from Hull (which he probably wasted without thinking about the future) he's probably never been paid enough to retire on, if you're unemployed you'll take what you can get, which is probably the only reason he joined us in the first place.

He's quite a gambler on the horses from what I hear as well.

After Phil turning down Grimsby Town the bookies now have him as favourite to take the Fleetwood Town job.

After Phil turning down Grimsby Town the bookies now have him as favourite to take the Fleetwood Town job.
Another Southend curse - after Fleetwood beat us they lost 7 in a row which saw Rosler get the axe. To be honest, I'm quite surprised they sacked him because on the whole he's done a good job there and is someone like Brown an upgrade?

I bet Bolger would just love him to take over at Fleetwood.

Was thinking that myself.

"I looks into the changing room and I think who's that ginger fella over there. Aye, it's that Luke Prossett I had at Southland. Reet, times to make a grand entrance."

(with apologies to Andy T)

Back