Likes Likes:  55
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would Nile ranger have benefited from being managed by Chris Powell

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham541 View Post
    Looks like Notts county might be giving him a chance in league two.
    yeah, just saw the Kevin Nolan interview on Twitter, says he knew him from his Newcastle days, given he was kicked out of there as with all of his other clubs I’m surprised he’d take such a chance.

That said I’d love to see Nile prove us all wrong.

But we all know it will end in tears again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham541 View Post
    Looks like Notts county might be giving him a chance in league two.
    Good. Let him be someone else’s problem. He won’t find another club that gifted him as many opportunities and backing as we did and he still took the ****

i think whenever there is real pressure in the workplace anyone with a criminal record - probation, trouble with the police etc, gets scapegoated....

it seemed to me that sacking Nile was simply Brown throwing him under the bus in an effort to save himself - despicable...

being "late" was a bit of a pathetic excuse

however perhaps there was something else going on -

Director

Would be nicefor someone in the know to really speak out and let us all know what truly happened there,i agree being late is a pretty weak excuse and hardly a sackable offence,would love to know just what really happened .

My bet is that Nile Ranger is going to end up as a Christian rapper.
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleigh boy View Post
    i think whenever there is real pressure in the workplace anyone with a criminal record - probation, trouble with the police etc, gets scapegoated....

it seemed to me that sacking Nile was simply Brown throwing him under the bus in an effort to save himself - despicable...

you are presumably, having a laugh?

I don't know where some of u guys worked ,but it is usual surely a verbose warning first ,then a written warning then third time u walk ! Why should u come in on time & some joker thinks they r above the law & come in when thy like

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleigh boy View Post

Ron sacked Ranger. How do you feel about it now?

Only thing that Nile can be good under the influence of are drugs

....everyone has improved since the worst manager in recent years left so why wouldn't the most talented bloke we have had on the books recently (Ranger) not have flourished?

Quote Originally Posted by WESTY_SUFC View Post
    Ron sacked Ranger. How do you feel about it now?
    it does not really change what I think ....

if he was doing drugs or any crime I would understand - the late thing just sounds a bogus .... and the timing was odd .

maybe he was a really terrible malign influence - i don't know - i thought his football was ok and thought he was enjoying it here but really and truly I have not got a clue -

i have noticed that sometimes expressing an opinion on here gets quite rude and aggressive replies

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowolf View Post
    Would be nicefor someone in the know to really speak out and let us all know what truly happened there,i agree being late is a pretty weak excuse and hardly a sackable offence,would love to know just what really happened .
    yep - thats about where I am on this

Good riddance. Has the dream job and doesnt give a toss.

As evidenced we are far better off without him.

Blues for life.

I think we made a mistake by giving him a long term contract extension. A lot of players seem to go off the boil once they secure a long term deal.

It's a shame but I think we'd seen the best of him, for some reason I would still like to see him succeed, his talent which is undoubted and the desperation of some clubs to take a punt will always ensure he gets a chance somewhere else.

However I think we are better off without now.
    First Match - SUFC 3 Gillingham 1 (20/04/84)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledShrimpa View Post
    I think we made a mistake by giving him a long term contract extension. A lot of players seem to go off the boil once they secure a long term deal.

It's a shame but I think we'd seen the best of him, for some reason I would still like to see him succeed, his talent which is undoubted and the desperation of some clubs to take a punt will always ensure he gets a chance somewhere else.

However I think we are better off without now.
    A long term contract hasn't done Year wood much harm. It's the player, not the term of commitment. On this score the club is damned if they do, damned if they don't. Give a good player - which is how Ranger was viewed at the time - a short term contract and then he goes for a relatively small fee and the club would be at fault as well.

At the time a longer term was seen as a good move.