• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CP would simply have laid hands upon him and cast out the northern tanned devil that possessed Ranger and he would be save-ed, behold He is the One now amongst us all kneel and praise Him for he did once play successfully at SUFC and is therefore Chosen. He is One of Our Own as the Host singeth even though most were not borneth when he didst so play and many have not their balls droppe-ed. Behold tomorrow as the swamp that is our pitch consumes the Wigan heathens and becomes as though a bowling green with one touch from our Own One praise Him praise Him praise Him oh dear pants change time I think I wiggled it just a little bit too much

Didn’t PB try to take him under his wing? Which was ultimately attributed partially to his downfall... (oh, and those defeats 8 in his last 9 games!)

Think it was more Ron taking him under his wing and Phil having to do what he was asked.

I don't think SCP would have had any better effect on him, you might have got that first initial "wanting to impress" thing but sure as eggs is eggs, he'd have been back to his usual behaviour.

Not a chance. Nile chose his path in life long before he joined us. He gave us one good season so he could stand in court and say he was trying to turn his life around and get a reduced sentence and it worked. Once released he had neither the motivation or intention to knuckle down and be a good professional footballer.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. There has been pointless threads in the past, and there was also this one. Now: how are we going to beat Wigan?

I doubt Powell would have been foolish enough to sign him so this doesn't apply IMO

Looks like Notts county might be giving him a chance in league two.

yeah, just saw the Kevin Nolan interview on Twitter, says he knew him from his Newcastle days, given he was kicked out of there as with all of his other clubs I’m surprised he’d take such a chance.

That said I’d love to see Nile prove us all wrong.

But we all know it will end in tears again

Looks like Notts county might be giving him a chance in league two.

Good. Let him be someone else’s problem. He won’t find another club that gifted him as many opportunities and backing as we did and he still took the ****

i think whenever there is real pressure in the workplace anyone with a criminal record - probation, trouble with the police etc, gets scapegoated....

it seemed to me that sacking Nile was simply Brown throwing him under the bus in an effort to save himself - despicable...

being "late" was a bit of a pathetic excuse

however perhaps there was something else going on -

Would be nicefor someone in the know to really speak out and let us all know what truly happened there,i agree being late is a pretty weak excuse and hardly a sackable offence,would love to know just what really happened .

i think whenever there is real pressure in the workplace anyone with a criminal record - probation, trouble with the police etc, gets scapegoated....

it seemed to me that sacking Nile was simply Brown throwing him under the bus in an effort to save himself - despicable...

you are presumably, having a laugh?

I don't know where some of u guys worked ,but it is usual surely a verbose warning first ,then a written warning then third time u walk ! Why should u come in on time & some joker thinks they r above the law & come in when thy like

Ron sacked Ranger. How do you feel about it now?

....everyone has improved since the worst manager in recent years left so why wouldn't the most talented bloke we have had on the books recently (Ranger) not have flourished?

Back