• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Less than a month ago we were all talking about relegation. Don't get me wrong 3 wins under SCP is fantastic and it looks like we have a new team, but as he himself states "One game at a time"

It is of course lovely to dream but let's make sure we are safe in this division first, that would be a great result for this season. Anything else is just cherry on the cake IMO.

Agreed rather than get giddy about the play offs I'd rather we consolidated and maybe tried next season.

For me anyway a run / effort to get back into the Championship only comes when we have (finally) got our new ground!

For me anyway a run / effort to get back into the Championship only comes when we have (finally) got our new ground!

That won't be until August 2040 then......

Agreed rather than get giddy about the play offs I'd rather we consolidated and maybe tried next season.

I'll take consolidation this season then 100+ points next , SCP has done this before

(although this bit is a tad concerning "Powell won his opening four games at Charlton, but then went 11 games without a win, falling out of the play-off places and leaving the Addicks in 13th place at the end of the season"

Our away form needs to improve for us to even have a shot of doing this, we've played 2 away matches under Powell and scored 1 goal (which was a penalty).

Our away form needs to improve for us to even have a shot of doing this, we've played 2 away matches under Powell and scored 1 goal (which was a penalty).

don't forget the 4 away points gained in those two games as well. they are quite important

While my heart won't give up on the play-offs till it is mathmatically impossible, looking at the league table my head says we may just be a few points shy come the last day of the season.
For me there are two things that will make this season a success and that is a strong finish to the season and SCP readying the squad for a proper tilt at automatic promotion next season.
And the positions at the bottom of the table staying as they are this morning, so that MK Dons are relegated and Wimbledon survive. Now that will be justice for football fans from all parts of the country.

I dont believe playoffs are possible but a top 10 finish considering where we were 4 weeks ago would be great,we still have some very hard games to play notably Blackburn away ,Plymouth and Rotherham. Let Powell guide us to a good finishing position this season and prepare his squad for next season , But its just beautiful to read so many positives threads now .

I dont believe playoffs are possible but a top 10 finish considering where we were 4 weeks ago would be great,we still have some very hard games to play notably Blackburn away ,Plymouth and Rotherham. Let Powell guide us to a good finishing position this season and prepare his squad for next season , But its just beautiful to read so many positives threads now .

I think a top 10 finish is almost a certainty. I just wish I had spare cash to back Southend at Evens to finish in the top half. Get on it guys, it's the best even money bet you will see for years.

don't forget the 4 away points gained in those two games as well. they are quite important

They are good results but a 1-0 and a 0-0 indicates that Powell isn't too worried about goals in away matches, we care more about clean sheets and not risking a loss by pushing forward, which is going to lead to a few draws. If this was a new season that would see us comfortably in the playoffs (if not the automatics) since we're winning at home, but we need to make up 7 points (10 if Charlton win their game in hand) in 13 matches. We can't afford to pick up more than 2 or 3 draws if we are going to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

They are good results but a 1-0 and a 0-0 indicates that Powell isn't too worried about goals in away matches, we care more about clean sheets and not risking a loss by pushing forward, which is going to lead to a few draws. If this was a new season that would see us comfortably in the playoffs (if not the automatics) since we're winning at home, but we need to make up 7 points (10 if Charlton win their game in hand) in 13 matches. We can't afford to pick up more than 2 or 3 draws if we are going to have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

And this is where a good management team come into their own. So far Powell and his deputy chums are delivering the 'one game at a time' mantra, and rightly so. At some point, if the results continue to look really impressive two things will happen, The team will look to be far more adventurous on the road and ShrimperZone will go into orgasmic melt down at the prospect. The first is huge ask, and the second? Some on here have already started practicing.:winking:

12 shots on goal we had at Bury.

Not really playing for a 0-0 draw.

55 points is all we need to worry about. Then SCP can assess what he needs for next season and we can sort the pitch out.

12 shots on goal we had at Bury.

Not really playing for a 0-0 draw.

55 points is all we need to worry about. Then SCP can assess what he needs for next season and we can sort the pitch out.

I agree, Southend were trying to win the game, we just missed the cutting edge up front. Our midfielders had a few chances as well, but the accuracy wasn't there.

Back