Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bury FC vs Southend United

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Default Bury FC vs Southend United

I've just received my Prediction League reminder from DoDTS which also reminded me that we yet another game on Tuesday away to our old mates Bury FC. For those of you that arn't aware Tuesday is also pancake day so I hope that is not an omen.

As for team selection, barring injury, I can't see Mr Powell moving away from yesterday's starting eleven. Bury got a point yesterday and as they are currently bottom of the FL1 they will be desperate for points. So it will be a tough game I think.

On the basis of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' we have

Oxley
    Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Coker
    McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
    Cox Fortune

I'm going for a 1-1 draw although we could just nick it 1-0.
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

I do think we might start Ladapo, two matches in 4 days with another big match at home next Saturday might be a bit much for Fortune - took quite a bad knock too yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    I do think we might start Ladapo, two matches in 4 days with another big match at home next Saturday might be a bit much for Fortune - took quite a bad knock too yesterday.
    Either starting will do. The first team is automatic now, it'll be tough for anyone that's currently out.
    That Curly Bob is a jolly good chap!

4 games unbeaten, Bury.

Not that SCP will, but they're not too be messed with, I think.

With JW injured and Kiernan still not close , my concern is how long we can get through ‘injury wise’ with Turner and Ferdinand ?
    Bury on Tuesday and then Portsmouth would be 3 games on 8 days - too much ?

Director

perhaps he will give KYPS a run if need be, I noticed the bench on saturday was full of youths ,BISHOP, ELVIS KYPS KLASS HARRISON,was this out of neccessity becoz of injuries i think not.No Robinson on the bench. But its good to see SCP is not afraid to use the young fellas, it will give them all confidence knowing they have a manager whose not afraid to use them.

Obviously you would instantly say, keep the same team.
    However, questions have to be asked as to whether certain players can play 3 games in 8 days. Especially when 2 of them are on our unforgiving pitch. I can't imagine that Bury's pitch is amazing at this time of year either.
    Yearwood playing that many games of 'mens' football when he's only 17 may be too much. His body is still developing and it could take it's toll. It's a decision that Powell has to make, then again we don't have a replacement waiting in the wings anyway.

Having beaten three of the better sides - we now play a straggler who have picked up a bit of form. Another reunion with Peter Clarke and Adam Thompson is likely to be on the bench again.

Several of ours looked completely knackered yesterday having given their all. Lets hope enough have recovered sufficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues4LifeDan View Post
    I can't imagine that Bury's pitch is amazing at this time of year either.
    It looked dreadful last week on 'Goal Rush'.

Quote Originally Posted by LBBlue View Post
    Having beaten three of the better sides - we now play a straggler who have picked up a bit of form. Another reunion with Peter Clarke and Adam Thompson is likely to be on the bench again.

Several of ours looked completely knackered yesterday having given their all. Lets hope enough have recovered sufficiently.
    Yes - but Bury played on Saturday as well so it is the same for both teams.

Retired Layabout Rootshallbloke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBBlue View Post

You may well be right on the knackered front, but it's amazing what a victory, and in Fortuné's case a goal, will do. When you've won, and played well, the last thing you want to happen is to lose your place. I have no doubt that our bench will play a much bigger part on Tuesday, but I still think he will start with Saturday's first choices.

Ladapo looks a 'big nuisance' player and Harrison looks very confident on the ball, so both could feature soon after the second half starts. More probable if we are winning. (Jeez, I wouldn't have dared make that statement a month ago).
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowolf View Post
    perhaps he will give KYPS a run if need be, I noticed the bench on saturday was full of youths ,BISHOP, ELVIS KYPS KLASS HARRISON,was this out of neccessity becoz of injuries i think not.No Robinson on the bench. But its good to see SCP is not afraid to use the young fellas, it will give them all confidence knowing they have a manager whose not afraid to use them.
    As they say,if you're good enough you're old enough,look at Dru he's 17!!!!!

I don't buy this the pitch no matter how poor is the same for both sides .Surly the home team has an advantage as they play on the pitch every other week .So they must have a slight edge . I have heard it said many times about the state of pitches how its the same for both teams .

May dip into the squad for this one. MAF for ladapo maybe. Kightly for maglash....
    Ideally we get the same 11 that is on fire at the moment....tired bodies may say different
    not always good but never ever boring

Don't think anyone will want to stand down for the starting line up. If anyone starts to fade in the second half, think CP will make earlier substitutions than normal. Im going for 2-0 win, a month ago it would be a 2-0 defeat !
    Quote Originally Posted by leeblue View Post
    May dip into the squad for this one. MAF for ladapo maybe. Kightly for maglash....
    Ideally we get the same 11 that is on fire at the moment....tired bodies may say different