• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AypfNMqCcAAI8oF.jpg

If only he could of stay fit he would be way higher up in the pyramid. Unfortunately any club who has him has a salary wasted on someone who can't play very often. (obviously not Corr's fault)

Scored late winner yesterday after coming on as a sub for Cambridge in their 3 2 home win against Notts County.

I honesty feel like I was getting over an ex after 3 years apart and I read these quotes. Still have feelings for the man.

Barry Corr's six month contract with Cambridge United has expired and will not be renewed at the Abbey Stadium.

I can’t see another league club gambling on him, maybe a step down a league, I would say orient but they still have Harold at the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if he retired. I know he's battled back from injuries before but there comes a point when you have to listen to your body.

Ah man, I went for Dervite as this year's Ron Retro Re-signing. It should have been BBBC.

Ron loves a returning Southend hero.

I'd be all for signing Corr to a one day contract so he can retire a Shrimper but if the great man wants to sign a pay as you play deal and we use him as a sub every other week for the rest of the season, even better:Worthy:

Sad news reported by Dave Bishop (don't think he's on here):

A sad piece of news for all Southend fans. I received an e mail from Barry Corr this morning, in which he confirmed his retirement from football at the age of 34 due to the broken ankle and ligament damage he sustained in training with Cambridge United in October.

One of my favourite ever players to wear our beautiful shirt and certainly one of the bravest. 155 games (50 goals) for Blues between 2010 and 2015 and a top class lower league career with Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Swindon Town, Exeter City and Cambridge United from 2005 & 2018.

His place in Southend folklore is secure forever and thanks for the memories “Big Bad” Barry Corr. ??⭐️?✨⚽#SUFCLegend #Hero#LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa ❤️

PA_f92d66d6-99fd-4e3c-aeb8-99c2668a8cac_20180219165904-1024x729.jpg

Back