• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was at the Aylesbury, Grimbsy not promoted and Gillingham 8-1 games but neither of those feature for me. I was also at the infamous MK Dons freeze your nuts of game and that's a contender but for me it was a meaningless awayday to Chesterfield in the 80s. I can't even recall why I decided to go. I can't remember whether we lost 2-1 or 3-1 but I do know I was bloody freezing and it threw it down with rain. We managed to find cover but I remember standing there seriously questioning my own sanity and I've never done that at a game before or since.

Harlow away in an FA Cup replay, we lost 1-0 and missed out on a trip to Leicester in the 3rd round (they also lost 1-0 at Harlow in a replay) the old sports centre had one small stand and the rest of the 5,000+ crowd were standing on the grass banks round the ground, most of the home support were teenagers in parkas who were trying to wind us up, I had to go to work the next day and suffer even more![/QUOTE
As well as a terrible performance it was also the cold and the rain that i remember. Horrible evening.

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but Bristol Rovers Away when we lost 4-2. The coach driver had the wrong ground put in the sat nav so we were off to Ashton Gate. We turned up 20 minutes late when Rickie Lambert had already put Bristol 2-0 up. He then went on to score another two more. I’m pretty sure it was Peter Clarke and Francis Laurent that scored our goals.

Also the 4-0 to Hull was a very long trip back, damn that Dean Windass.

I was at the Aylesbury, Grimbsy not promoted and Gillingham 8-1 games but neither of those feature for me. I was also at the infamous MK Dons freeze your nuts of game and that's a contender but for me it was a meaningless awayday to Chesterfield in the 80s. I can't even recall why I decided to go. I can't remember whether we lost 2-1 or 3-1 but I do know I was bloody freezing and it threw it down with rain. We managed to find cover but I remember standing there seriously questioning my own sanity and I've never done that at a game before or since.

If it's the Chesterfield match I'm thinking of, we paid to get into the terracing behind the goal, and then it absolutely threw it down, after a while the stewards called us over and gave us seats in the stand, and then closed the open stand. So we got in for the cheaper price, latecomers were moaning about having to pay stand prices.

If it's the Chesterfield match I'm thinking of, we paid to get into the terracing behind the goal, and then it absolutely threw it down, after a while the stewards called us over and gave us seats in the stand, and then closed the open stand. So we got in for the cheaper price, latecomers were moaning about having to pay stand prices.
Chesterfield balances out with a game that should have been called off due to snow but they made a massive effort to make it happen and we scored (Tomlin?) right at the death to win 0-1

Chesterfield balances out with a game that should have been called off due to snow but they made a massive effort to make it happen and we scored (Tomlin?) right at the death to win 0-1

Yes, Timlin broke up a Chesterfield move and slotted in Tomlin. Daylight robbery getting 3 points that.

Can I add a mid-week match away at Grim_sby - called off for thick fog about 37 seconds before kick-off. Lovely journey there and back that night.

It wasn't even a handball as the ball struck him on the chest / bicep as he threw himself in front of a shot from about five yards away. I then had to sit and explain the penalty rule to some moron of Wednesday fan in the pub after the game, about how it has to hit the hand and be deliberbate - tw&t was having none of it blathering on about advantage being gained and everything. In a parting shot I told him to download the rules of the game and read the handball rule - full in the knowedge there isn't one!

The ref went solely on the crowd reaction that day!

We'd actually bossed the last 20 minutes or so after equalising and Wednesday threw everything in a last minute attack and got the penalty. I still get annoyed about it to this day.

Me too.

That was the appalling Andre Marriner, who didn't give us a nailed on penalty for a foul on McGlashan at Millwall last season.

Back