• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agreed, That was a long the same line of my thinking.

A big loss, especially, just when he was finding form for us.

I'm hoping it's only a Grade 2 injury, that will keep him out for just over 3 weeks, and that he will be match fit again, & back in action for us for the home again against Doncaster on the 10th March.

That makes us extremely light on wingers now, which is why I suggested we should have looked at this type of player in January

That makes us extremely light on wingers now, which is why I suggested we should have looked at this type of player in January

Ironically, someone like Hendrie could have potentially been cover, but McG can do a job possibly or even Theo or Kyps as a stop-gap.

Realistically, we only need 12 points maximum, so I'm not too concerned.

Played 6 then missed 9, played 7 and missed another 6, then played 7 and another hamstring.............back for Easter and the last 7 games.

It could be that he was taken off to protect it and it's not as bad as we think.

Kites will know when it's pulling a bit and so taking him off at HT was a good move.

To get 30+ games a season out of him, he might need to rest in these midweek matches from now on.

McLaughlin will go back to the left wing and McGlashan will go on the right wing. Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.

Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.

Alas I don't think he is capable at League 1 level. Can't shoot and doesn't get in the right positions to score. Crossing isn't great either. Pace and that's it and his tackling isn't too intelligent either.

McLaughlin will go back to the left wing and McGlashan will go on the right wing. Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.

Agree with this. McGlashan has shown spurts of really being able to hurt teams - now's his chance to get on and do it.

Robinsons best work since his return has been out wide so maybe.

Maybe Wright, Wordy or the new guy that nobody has seen could come back in the middle and Timlin move out the to left?

A few options to consider, but I hope its only a couple of weeks as he has been a huge player in the last 3 games.

Definitely wouldn't move Timlin. Him and Dru have been a revelation in that central role.

Also, SCP prefers players wide who can cut in and deliver crosses curling in towards the goal, so if anything, McG would be better playing on the left, although I know he was predominantly on the right last night.

I'd be tempted to try Theo there, in truth. McG is a 30 minutes max player, for me.

Alas I don't think he is capable at League 1 level. Can't shoot and doesn't get in the right positions to score. Crossing isn't great either. Pace and that's it and his tackling isn't too intelligent either.

You've basically picked out all the weaknesses that I was thinking. On the plus side, We've seen him roast some full backs over and over. He is the quickest player in our squad, but it's going to waste. Even if the coaches work on his crossing when he's gone past the full back, that would make him a much more productive player.

Back