• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rather see Harrison given a shot out wide tbh. McGlashan doesn't appear to be able to grasp how to use his biggest asset and always runs with the ball at his feet.

He can't cross either which doesn't help.

Keep the centre of midfield the same and give glash a game. SCP has shown that for best results play players in their positions. Why change that policy now? It’s not as if glash is so bad that he can’t keep a full back occupied?
McGlashan wasn't very good against Bury IMO, especially given the full backs weren't great and were probably tired.

I think a midfield with Yearwood out wide and Wright/Wordsworth/Mantom in the middle is stronger than one with McGlashan on the wing. Yearwood has more about him, is better off the ball, and deserves to continue his run in the team. McGlashan is very frustrating.

No matter how well Yearwood is doing ( and he's doing very well ) , i don't think at his age and level of development , it is wise that he plays every game.
He needs to be managed carefully , although it's difficult to leave him out when doing so well.

No matter how well Yearwood is doing ( and he's doing very well ) , i don't think at his age and level of development , it is wise that he plays every game.
He needs to be managed carefully , although it's difficult to leave him out when doing so well.

It's his 18th birthday tomorrow and a lot of his family will be at the game so he's desperate to play - and he says in the Echo that if he wins MOM he'll actually be able to drink the bubbly this time!!:smile:

It's his 18th birthday tomorrow and a lot of his family will be at the game so he's desperate to play - and he says in the Echo that if he wins MOM he'll actually be able to drink the bubbly this time!!:smile:

Surely the sponsors should just make up there minds to award it to him regardless.

why? If he's tired that should be considered, but his age and relative inexperience don't come into it for me, he's earned his place though merit.

Totally agree.

I was playing twice a weekend at that age and well into my twenties!

why? If he's tired that should be considered, but his age and relative inexperience don't come into it for me, he's earned his place though merit.

It's more a case of resting him before he gets 'tired' and risks a potential injury.
I just feel at 17 ( soon to be 18 ) it's a big ask to expect him to perform at a decent level game after game against seasoned pros.
Let's see how SCP 'manages' him when Wordsworth , Wright and Mantom are all fit.

I thought he was a Central Midfielder?

Not having seen him, I had no idea , I was basing it on the U23 line ups on the website, he is generally listed first of the midfielders and there was , on the reports I read, at least two other CMs in the line up, (Yearwood and one other ) so I guessed / assumed he was on the Right (Cotton and Phillips were usually the last of the midfield 4 and they are left sided) .

And you weren't picked up by a pro club ...................... ? :winking:

... LOL :smile:

There wasn't the quality of scouting in those days! :winking:

I did play several season for Southend United*

*Supporters Club!

Back