Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kightly Has Hamstring Injury

Emma Bunton's No. 1 stalker, Adam Barretts No. 1 fan. * ORM *'s Avatar
    Flying the flag for SUFC at Clearwater Bay, Hong Kong

No problem. I did mine pretty badly about 13 years ago (got 3 weeks off work yay!) and occasionally it goes (last time 2 weeks ago for first time in ages). I’m still playing !
    An SUFC exile in Hong Kong since 1 Feb 2012 and a fan since 1973.

CO-FOUNDER SHRIMPERZONE F.C. and STILL playing league football in HK at the age of 51

That Is a shame as he has been playing brilliiantly !

Agreed, That was a long the same line of my thinking.

A big loss, especially, just when he was finding form for us.

I'm hoping it's only a Grade 2 injury, that will keep him out for just over 3 weeks, and that he will be match fit again, & back in action for us for the home again against Doncaster on the 10th March.

That makes us extremely light on wingers now, which is why I suggested we should have looked at this type of player in January

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Bugger, just when he had been playing so well.

Or maybe Harrison can play at wide and be more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_SUFC View Post
    That makes us extremely light on wingers now, which is why I suggested we should have looked at this type of player in January
    Ironically, someone like Hendrie could have potentially been cover, but McG can do a job possibly or even Theo or Kyps as a stop-gap.

Realistically, we only need 12 points maximum, so I'm not too concerned.

Good player, and a shame as finding form, but unfortunately he is a sick note!

Played 6 then missed 9, played 7 and missed another 6, then played 7 and another hamstring.............back for Easter and the last 7 games.

It could be that he was taken off to protect it and it's not as bad as we think.

Kites will know when it's pulling a bit and so taking him off at HT was a good move.

To get 30+ games a season out of him, he might need to rest in these midweek matches from now on.

McLaughlin will go back to the left wing and McGlashan will go on the right wing. Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.

Powell said he felt a twinge. May have been precautionary....
    not always good but never ever boring

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.
    Alas I don't think he is capable at League 1 level. Can't shoot and doesn't get in the right positions to score. Crossing isn't great either. Pace and that's it and his tackling isn't too intelligent either.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK View Post
    McLaughlin will go back to the left wing and McGlashan will go on the right wing. Time for McGlashan to get his finger out and shine. We all know he has that electric pace, hopefully CP, Damian Matthew and Kevin Keen can work some magic on his weaknesses.
    Agree with this. McGlashan has shown spurts of really being able to hurt teams - now's his chance to get on and do it.