Likes Likes:  136
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anton

Probably off to watch West Ham or something

Quote Originally Posted by leeblue View Post
    Cracking! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Jonesheshrimp View Post
    He was not following his marker for the Wigan goal, if you sign up free for the SUFC app, you can get the free 10 plus minutes highlights.... it’s bad defending, and clear to see. Have a look at Turners arms waiving, and having a go. Don’t take my word.
    Let's pick on Anton and not mention the non existent closing down of the cross by Coker; that was worse defending

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Hmmmm......go and clap the genuine fans and have to put up with some vile abuse from the idiots or head for the sanctuary and comparative warmth of the dressing room and not have to put up with the further mental scarring of the abuse. Tough choice.

Maybe, his counsellor advised him to do this for his own peace of mind. I don't have a problem with it, and I think he is more likely to stay out on Saturday if we get a good result. Footballers can be every bit as fragile as the rest of us mentally, and Anton's been through a lot. Get off his back I say.
    That sort of vocal nonsense may be aimed at Anton BUT would be heard by the other players too; and won't be doing anything positive for them either. The idiots who are doing this really ought to think and desist.

Exiled Kent Shrimper

Morons, keep going Anton, I don't care if you support the Hamsters, I know you out in 100% every time you pull on a Southend shirt and seem to like playing here, so please the idiotic morons who keep booing him, **** off

How can anyone following the resurgence under SCP still find the need to be abusive to any player. Many didn't play as well or under performed under PB, but we are seeing a very different story under SCP. All fans need to enjoy the last four games get behind the team regardless of who is playing and enjoy the ride. This season will be about consolidation now, for SCP to assess the squad and then we go again next season. Personally based on the past few weeks I can't wait for next season already. As for the abuser, maybe they should be put in their place, as they have no place in the stands next to the majority of us
    Billericay Shrimper

Director

Ive said it before and i ll say it again anyone who calls themselves a SUFC supporter would not boo or heckle one of the SUFC players no matter how indifferent that players form maybe,if a person does then he is not a supporter and needs to be told one way or another,"A SUPPORTER SUPPORTS ".

First XI

I think if anyone hears Anton being booed before the game, perhaps nearby Shrimpers should have a quiet word with the idiots and explain the error of their ways.
    Last edited by wivs; 14-02-2018 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowolf View Post
    Ive said it before and i ll say it again anyone who calls themselves a SUFC supporter would not boo or heckle one of the SUFC players no matter how indifferent that players form maybe,if a person does then he is not a supporter and needs to be told one way or another,"A SUPPORTER SUPPORTS ".
    Well said. They get enough grief from the opposition fans, they certainly don't need it from our so called "12th man" of our club.

Totally with wivs....follow the team....they're on the up under CP........don't victimise....support....come May, you might ??? be surprised...
    DlPaBllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll's

I've never really take much notice on what players clapped the fans, manager comments etc which seem to be huge to some. I go to football to watch the team play football.

I'm afraid I've never understood the abuse your own side and manager mentality! Things don't always go to plan and with perhaps a rare exception players and management will always do their best for their club I feel - particulary outside the premiership. I can perhaps understand a negativity towards someone maybe trying to engineer a move away from a club.

Personally I have no issue with say Anton supporting West Ham - they are his club just the same as Southend are mine, If i had ever (been good enough) to play league football and say Colchester had offered me a contract that wouldn't have changed my alligance to Southend one bit.

I don't understand the mentality of some fans, I recall being at a match at Hillsborough a few years ago, the fan behind me spent the entire game moaning and bitching about SWFC - 'You're rubbish Wednesday', 'Sort it out ref' 'this is *****' could be heard throughout the game - I really thought the guy was headed for a coronry - The idiot left with 5 minutes to go and the game at 2-2 only to miss a winner for the Owls in the last 5 minutes - It just sums up the idiocy for me of some fans!
    First Match - SUFC 3 Gillingham 1 (20/04/84)

It's because your average fan thinks he is a football expert. The whole analysis stuff of recent years doesn't help.

Thus, when inside a football ground, nothing but perfection is good enough for some. Anything short of this is met with the usual derisory comment and the chance to let off a bit of steam.

Plus, once someone is pigeon-holed as "useless" it just adds to the misconception that whatever they do will be hopeless and even if they do something right, it's met with the sarcastic response of those that think like that.

Take Anton, for example. It's just become norm now for some people to say that he can't play anymore and is at fault for everything, but in truth over 90 minutes, he might make one or two slight errors. If they cost a goal, then all hell breaks loose.

But show me a player who doesn't make mistakes. There isn't one. Just that if it's someone that the knives are out for, then it's highlighted 100 times more.

"...but in truth over 90 minutes, he might make one or two slight errors. If they cost a goal, then all hell breaks loose."

...and for those here that have ever played in goal, ain't that the truth!
    That Curly Bob is a jolly good chap!