• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A 100% professional performance against Pompey, won countless headers and covered across behind Coker very well. He also was noticeably irate with the assault on Coker: and is very much, IMO, a respected team man.:thumbsup:

AF did well in the 1st half (still at 0-0 iirc) to put the Pompey player off from scoring

Other than a solid performance today he also stayed long enough to applaud the Pompey fans and give them a thumbs up before leaving the pitch after the game which I thought was well deserved. :smile:

Portsmouth forward line wasn't that good today but anton and turner showed them who was boss, good performances from both:thumbsup:

If you read my post it’s says I hear people near me boo, I’ve lost my father, I know what’s it’s like, on the other hand the surgeon who carried out a major operation on my dad, had lost his the day before. My personal opinion is he is not good enough for our team, as the forum sticky says, don’t get on peoples back if they have a general opinion, we are allowed to say if we don’t rate a player.

Fair comment, but there's a difference between having an opinion about a player and hurling abuse at them before a ball is even kicked.

If someone chooses the latter, then they achieve nothing other than to put the player off and annoy everyone else around them in the ground.

Save the booing for the ref or the oppo players.

If you read my post it’s says I hear people near me boo, I’ve lost my father, I know what’s it’s like, on the other hand the surgeon who carried out a major operation on my dad, had lost his the day before. My personal opinion is he is not good enough for our team, as the forum sticky says, don’t get on peoples back if they have a general opinion, we are allowed to say if we don’t rate a player.

Anton seems to be dong pretty well in a team that has picked up 13 points from a possible 15. I don’t even think any of the goals we have conceded in these games can be attributed to Anton being poor. For that reason, I say Anton is good enough

Thought he was the pick of the defence today, and SCP acknowledged he and Turner did well. And Happy Birthday to him for tomorrow.

I am so pleased to see the player from last season again - he was immense today, aggressive and determined- I really enjoyed his performance more than any of the other players (would still have Turner as MoM though).

Does anyone know why he applauded the Pompey fans but then did another runner down the tunnel and ignored his own fans?

I am so pleased to see the player from last season again - he was immense today, aggressive and determined- I really enjoyed his performance more than any of the other players (would still have Turner as MoM though).

Does anyone know why he applauded the Pompey fans but then did another runner down the tunnel and ignored his own fans?

He got a fair bit of stick at one point for something or another... I can only assume he was thanking them for their kind words.

One of the Pompey forums cleared this up. Big debate about the stick they were giving Anton including singing (quite a lot of them, apparently, not just one or two) ‘there’s only one John Terry’. Some of their number were none too impressed, quite rightly. The same ‘fans’ segued neatly from racially abusing Anton to cheering one of their own black players without batting at eyelid. Puts any (wrong) stick our fans have given Anton into perspective.

judonja on Pompey's Forum said:
I rarely post in here but check in almost everyday. I’ve been following Pompey for over 25 years and in that time have been nothing but proud of being part of one of the most respected groups of fans in the country.

Maybe it’s because of that I feel so low about today. I can already predict the response to this post. The people that were singing ‘you know what you are’ or ‘there’s only one John terry’ at Anton Ferdinand should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. The sad thing for me was that it wasn’t a minority. It was the majority of our fans singing it. Including our self proclaimed ‘superfans’.

Regardless of what he’d done or what you think of him, no one deserves that kind of abuse. And the fact that in the same breath our fans would celebrate John Terry’s actions, then sing a song for Jamal Lowe just shows the ignorance that we have amongst us.

For the first time I’m embarrassed of being a Portsmouth fan today. I hope those that were singing those songs are too. We need to be better than this.

https://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=730064

Some of the Pompey fans seem embarrassed by what their fans did and their actions towards Anton yesterday.

Anton was excellent ambassador and bloke for the club with the way he interacted and engaged with Whitey who was having his stag day at The Hall at the Gills game.

Wow, just read some of the Pompey post above.

Unbelievable. The chants and the defence of them is mind blowingly ignorant.

Thank God for the normally well 'argued' debate of Shrimperzone.

very disturbing to read much of what has been written there, feel sorry for the original poster who raises a very valid point

Wow, just read some of the Pompey post above.

Unbelievable. The chants and the defence of them is mind blowingly ignorant.

Thank God for the normally well 'argued' debate of Shrimperzone.

Too right. SZ is a remarkable achievement. Nowadays it really rises above the cess pit that is the WWW.

I hope I'm wrong but my suspicion is that Anton's contract will be cancelled my mutual consent at the end of the season. I would be surprised if this has not already been agreed tbh. I just have a hunch he will call it a day.

Back