• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WickfordShrimper

President
Portsmouth sold 6500 last weekend at MK dons ?

and today struggling to sell 1500 at Southend this Saturday ??

Are we a scary club to visit these days ? like Millwall ?

Away fans this year at the Hall have be only taken 60 sometimes I kid you not

I blame the CS Crew ( A Nasty bunch ) been a top firm personally....

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the poor seating, in a poor stand, in an old dilapidated (but character) ground. No bar, no onions, crap bogs, unhelpful and sometimes not nice stewards?
Long walk from the seafront? Coaches not allowed down the front before game etc?
They (Pompey) have been visiting us for a few years and not getting much in the way of results?

Roots Hall is a poor ground with poor facilities, if I were a Pompey fan I can understand why MK Dons is more attractive, that said Roots Hall has bags of character, history and atmosphere compared to many of the identikit souless new build stadiums.

Plus they have padded seats at Stadium MK!!!!

It could be the poor seating, in a poor stand, in an old dilapidated (but character) ground. No bar, no onions, crap bogs, unhelpful and sometimes not nice stewards?
Long walk from the seafront? Coaches not allowed down the front before game etc?
They (Pompey) have been visiting us for a few years and not getting much in the way of results?

Them ole Dockers Hey not like they once was in the 80's, now worried about ''No bar, no onions, crap bogs'' Blimey ... hahahaha

sounds like the description of the away end at Fratton Park

Southend seems a bit remote to anyone west, north or south of London......

or the whole of the UK for that matter

Working class from Basildon to Southend ..... even the so called northerners are softies these days HONEST they all looked after by the Government

hahahaha :smile:

I thought I heard that Southwest Trains are on strike over the weekend.

Why I call us working Class because us in South Essex are prepared to commute 40 to 100 miles for work

While the others cannot be bothered to even get on their bikes to find a Job a few miles away

Yes South Essex is WORKING CLASS maybe that's why they don't like coming to Roots Hall PROPER working People

Portsmouth sold 6500 last weekend at MK dons ?

and today struggling to sell 1500 at Southend this Saturday ??

Are we a scary club to visit these days ? like Millwall ?

Away fans this year at the Hall have be only taken 60 sometimes I kid you not

I blame the CS Crew ( A Nasty bunch ) been a top firm personally....

IMO. Its mainly down to being in a vastly northern based league, and we are isolated to that respect. After all, Charlton, Millwall, Gillingham (even Col Ewe) usually travel in big numbers to us. Even Ex Premiership side Wigan took just 474 fans to Roots Hall last weekend. I guess if they have to miss an away game or two of the season, it will be the ones against the southern clubs.

As for Pompey, to be fair to them, the club did a massive promotion push for the MK Dons game long in advance of the fixture as they can handle the seating capacity (Wolves took nearly 9,000 fans to the franchise back in 2014). If they do bring 1,500 as you mentioned, it will still be more than they took to Gillingham, which isn't all that bad considering the extra travel distance.
That being said, I did expect them to sell out though.

I think our lowest away crowd at Roots Hall so far this season was against Fleetwood, who bought just 45 fans!

I don't know if you were being tongue in cheek about the CS Crew, but that wouldn't put off many people coming to our ground. Especially the larger clubs.

IMO. Its mainly down to being in a vastly northern based league, and we are isolated to that respect. After all, Charlton, Millwall, Gillingham (even Col Ewe) usually travel in big numbers to us. Even Ex Premiership side Wigan took just 474 fans to Roots Hall last weekend. I guess if they have to miss an away game or two of the season, it will be the ones against the southern clubs.

As for Pompey, to be fair to them, the club did a massive promotion push for the MK Dons game long in advance of the fixture as they can handle the seating capacity (Wolves took nearly 9,000 fans to the franchise back in 2014). If they do bring 1,500 as you mentioned, it will still be more than they took to Gillingham, which isn't all that bad considering the extra travel distance.
That being said, I did expect them to sell out though.

I think our lowest away crowd at Roots Hall so far this season was against Fleetwood, who bought just 45 fans!

I don't know if you were being tongue in cheek about the CS Crew, but that wouldn't put off many people coming to our ground. Especially the larger clubs.

Basically you say Southend is a bit of a ****-hole and no likes South Essex

Basically you say Southend is a bit of a ****-hole and no likes South Essex

Not sure what your eluding to, but counting up the number of those asterisks, i presume you mean "paradise".

Edit: Clever use of avoiding the swear filter. :thumbsup:

Not sure what your eluding to, but counting up the number of those asterisks, i presume you mean "paradise".

Edit: Clever use of avoiding the swear filter. :thumbsup:

I just disappointed if Portsmouth don't sell their allocation was hoping for sell-out 10,500 on Saturday that's all ;-) Matt

I still think they might do it, or at least come close. Having the ability for them to still be able to pay on the day might help boost the numbers a little bit. (unless of course those cash takings disappear into Uncle Ron's pockets) :smile:

Personally I wasn't expecting a 10,500 crowd, more of a 9,500 attendance (similar to the Boxing Day game against Charlton). Even if it will be 9,589, it will still be our largest crowd of the season.

Don't forget we also have Gillingham at home on the April Bank holiday Monday. That should be a good crowd as well. :thumbsup:

Although it's early days, looking at the bottom of the Championship table currently, it looks like we will face more northern clubs next season also.

Burton (terrible support) along with the possibility of long journeys to Bolton, Sunderland, Barnsley & Hull.

It will be interesting what team will be named,Will COX be availabel, i expect MAF to be named ,will there be any changes in midfield has both Dru and Timlin just had two hard games this week , who will replace Kightly,i expect the same back four,think SCP will be doing a lot of thinking the next two days and assessing how some of the players have recupperated from last saturday and tuesday night.

Not so much a Cod Army, more a Cod Platoon......

Although it's early days, looking at the bottom of the Championship table currently, it looks like we will face more northern clubs next season also.

Burton (terrible support) along with the possibility of long journeys to Bolton, Sunderland, Barnsley & Hull.
Long trips but some of them have good away support especially Sunderland which is good for our club

Back