• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Right. Down to business. Pompey are strong and talented but have been highly inconsistent recently so I fancy that we will win if we're brave enough. Three points are waiting for us here SCP, be bold.

Buzzing for this today, should be a cracking atmosphere.

If we continue to play with the same belief and desire as we have been the result should take care of itself, COYB.

7,400 sold, plus 1,900 Pompey.

Not a spare seat to be had!

COYB! :happy:

Last edited:
If only we had a new ground. A game like today's at a new ground would be pushing 12,000. Would be 3,000 Portsmouth plus 9,000 home fans.

Great day for footie, sun, cool and little wind.
A birthday goal, a winning birthday goal from Dru would be the "icing on the cake". UTB!

If only we had a new ground. A game like today's at a new ground would be pushing 12,000. Would be 3,000 Portsmouth plus 9,000 home fans.
Probably quite a lot more.Roots Hall is not at all attractive to the thousands of not-totally-committed fans.

Potentially....best gate of the season so far...:unsure:

I'm pretty sure it will be.

I'm sure that if we were in the new ground with decent ticketing we would be looking at 12-15k

Roots hall is just so unnatractive to the casual fan

Pitch is looking a lot better today.

yQC1V8.jpg

dUqAI8.jpg

To be fair all I said was that on that game he’s listed as being able to play wide right, and they’re normally pretty accurate. No need for the abuse.

And who’s to say Chris Powell hasn’t used it anyway:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....g/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

What abuse? S.H.I.T.E. = Some Hope - It's Terribly Experimental. It was actually praising how far forward thinking you were being in suggesting that we use a Japanese video game manufacturer instead of a manager.

Perhaps that is the difficulty in using some acronyms. :sad:

I would not be surprised if our unbeaten run under CP ended today but the football has been enjoyable and if we play fun football but lose, then so be it.

I would be optimistic of a win here, however can't take them lightly. A big club in this division it would be good if we could send them back to the south coast on the back of a 3-1 defeat!

Current form (last 6 matches) places us 8th and them 21st so the form guide suggests we shouldn't lose but of course football is never easy to predict. Also it seems they don't draw many games just 4 all season.

I'd like a 3-1 but right now will settle for either a 1-1 or a 1-0 win!

Just leaving that here!

On club twitter....presume this includes Pompey sales...

[FONT=&]Your support has been fantastic and Saturday's game against Portsmouth will be no different with 8,100 tickets sold so far and the [/FONT]@BMWFairfield[FONT=&] East Stand completely sold out already![/FONT]

East Stand sold out? Well there must be about 250 tickets they never seem to want to sell. Bottom section of East Blacks near the South Stand always 50+ empty seats. East Greens about 30 empty seats probably not sold as restricted view behind the pillar. Same with East Reds although not as many. Plus the usual 150 or so empty seats in the East blues.

Back