• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well I am now in possession of The Adam Barrett Montage copy, big thanks to John and Ken for sorting this out, I am sure Adam will be extremely pleased once he is presented with his own one.

John was right it is huge, some 42" x 34" and it looks superb (see pics below), I am now in deep extensive negotiations with the other half where exactly it is going to be sited, she turned down my first suggestion which was on the ceiling above our bed instead of the mirror. :winking:

The Adam Barrett Montage
mGaEMt.jpg

Brass Plaque on The Adam Barrett Montage
816GLB.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Big D, quite emotional seeing that from anothers perspective. It took me ages to just find the right pics that suited not only AB's achievements but his persona aswell.

Whoever moved this to ex-shrimpers can hold fire for a week as its the members who paid for this.

The presentation to AB will be next Saturday vs Rotherham before the game on the mud patch...Tinks and OBL will be handing it over to Adam on behalf of us all.

I presume that, as is usual, it will be presented in front of the East Stand. If so, can a Zoner in the East take some decent pictures of the event to display on here?

This will be read out on Saturday to the whole ground before the presentation, many thanks to Yorkshire Blue for composing it. :smile:

In numbers he had two spells, three promotions including one league title and two play-off final victories, 354 appearances, 33 goals, 3 airkicks in the sand at Col Ewe but always only 1 team in Essex. There were too many headers inches off the ground to count and numerous times he put his body on the line for the club. To the one and only Adam Barrett just two words from Shrimperzone.com on behalf of all Southend United fans: thank you.

Well done to all concerned at the shrimper zone .Adam always remained loyal to the club and acted like a true professional

I reckon that it is worth getting down to Roots Hall on Saturday for this presentation alone! Great work Cricko and all the Zone members who contributed.

This will be read out on Saturday to the whole ground before the presentation, many thanks to Yorkshire Blue for composing it. :smile:

In numbers he had two spells, three promotions including one league title and two play-off final victories, 354 appearances, 33 goals, 3 airkicks in the sand at Col Ewe but always only 1 team in Essex. There were too many headers inches off the ground to count and numerous times he put his body on the line for the club. To the one and only Adam Barrett just two words from Shrimperzone.com on behalf of all Southend United fans: thank you.

Have you sent that over to Rhys or did you want me to do it?

Thank you so much to OBL and Tinks for presenting this today and Richard Smith for taking the photographs which will be up as soon as Rich sorts them.

Adam just txted me the folowing message for you all.

"Thank you all so much for the picture, I really appreciate all the support the supporters have given me throughout my career. I will hopefully be back again one day, thank you again and take care all of you".

Adam.

Short Video<strong>[video=facebook_share;1628382863913651]https://www.facebook.com/SouthendUnitedFC/videos/1628382863913651/[/video]

What an absolute hero he genuinely looked pleased with it! I really do hope he returns one day!

THERES ONLY ONE ADAM BARRETT!!!!

Thank you so much to OBL and Tinks for presenting this today and Richard Smith for taking the photographs which will be up as soon as Rich sorts them.

Adam just txted me the folowing message for you all.

"Thank you all so much for the picture, I really appreciate all the support the supporters have given me throughout my career. I will hopefully be back again one day, thank you again and take care all of you".

Adam.

Short Video<strong>[video=facebook_share;1628382863913651]https://www.facebook.com/SouthendUnitedFC/videos/1628382863913651/[/video]

Who are that pair of fitties holding the montage

Kay, OBL is on the left and her very elderly friend Jacks, Tinks with the new barnet is on the right. :smile::smile:

Adam has his natural hair do on.

Back