• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

14 & 19 for Portsmouth are midgets!
Demetriou seemed to get his foot stuck in the pitch for his injury when he scored. Still the pitch has only got to see us out for another 6 or 7 games.

I still can't clearly see who had the last touch for our first goal. Really nice to see so many Southend goals on Sky each week.

Interesting to see Chris Powell's reaction to the sending-off tackle on Ben Coker. I would describe it as dignified, controlled anger with no histrionics or haranguing of match officials. It looked, too, like he was giving instructions to our players not to get involved in a potential fracas. A lot of managers would do well to react in similar fashion. I don't know what he was like in the game as a whole but top marks to the referee for being swift and decisive with issuing the red card.

The first goal was 100% an own goal.

Apparently, the third was an OG, as well, but Demi is rightly claiming it.

The 1st goal looked like a great take by Harrison from where we sit - still don't see a lot different in the highlights!

The 1st goal looked like a great take by Harrison from where we sit - still don't see a lot different in the highlights!
Well I was directly behind the line of fire in east yellow and my real-time impression was that it was stolen off Harrison's foot by a Pompey defender, apparently trying to put it out for a corner, so yes, an og by my reading of it. But I'm not sure I'd have the confidence to swear to this in a court of law!

The BBC has it as an own goal.

The ball changed direction once Clarke came in with the tackle/clearance. I was right behind it and Harrison definitely didn't score it.

Interesting to see Chris Powell's reaction to the sending-off tackle on Ben Coker. I would describe it as dignified, controlled anger with no histrionics or haranguing of match officials. It looked, too, like he was giving instructions to our players not to get involved in a potential fracas. A lot of managers would do well to react in similar fashion. I don't know what he was like in the game as a whole but top marks to the referee for being swift and decisive with issuing the red card.

What I thought was interesting too is that after the foul on Ben Coker, Anton came racing over and got involved, though not too heavily, but when one of the Pompey players was facing up to Anton and vice versa, it was Shayon Harrison who came over and stood in between, put his arm round Anton and seemed to shepherd him away. Good mature head on his shoulders.

First goal was an OG, hence their guy holds his head and the 3rd was Demy's

And the 2nd as well????!!!

Indeed just like the OG, I had a lovely view. It actually went just inside the post but looks further in from the camera angle. One of those you know its going in all the way.

Timlin had a similar chance at Bury but its always harder at 0-0.

The third was definitely Demetriou's. I was right behind it. the defender clips him as he goes to shoot but he got enough on it to beat the keeper. Funnily enough if he'd have hit it harder it may have been saved.

From East Reds the first goal definitely an og, Clarke attempts to nick the ball off Harrison but gets it horribly wrong!

I was right behind Demi’s winner, the defender took his leg just as he shot, definitely his goal. Great release from Yearwood who was awesome yesterday. It was his birthday what a way to become 18, he could go all the way IMHO:thumbsup:

Back