• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It makes for a boring saturday afternoon,

Agreed, I'll just have to follow the teams around us and hope that we end the afternoon with a game in hand and not too far below our current position. So ideally we want:

Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe United Away win

Bury v Gillingham Home win

Northampton Town v Oxford United Home win

Peterborough United v A.F.C. Wimbledon Away win

Plymouth Argyle v Bradford City Draw

Portsmouth v Blackpool Away win

Rotherham United v Doncaster Rovers Home win

Walsall v Blackburn Rovers Away win

A quick reply from Ron stating he is as disappointed as the fans but unfortunately nothing he can do.

The club have to bear the costs of any League match themselves.

See very unfair to me.

Funnily enough, some Oldham supporters on Twitter seem to think they'll reimburse our club!

Three of the scores are going our way at half time. We have dropped one place to 14th at the moment:

Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe United Away win 0-0

Bury v Gillingham Home win 2-0

Northampton Town v Oxford United Home win 0-0

Peterborough United v A.F.C. Wimbledon Away win 0-0

Plymouth Argyle v Bradford City Draw 1-0

Portsmouth v Blackpool Away win 0-1

Rotherham United v Doncaster Rovers Home win 0-1

Walsall v Blackburn Rovers Away win 1-2

Not bad. Four of the results went our way. We remain in 13th place.

Bristol Rovers v Scunthorpe United Away win1-1

Bury v Gillingham Home win 2-1

Northampton Town v Oxford United Home win 0-0

Peterborough United v A.F.C. Wimbledon Away win 1-1

Plymouth Argyle v Bradford City Draw 1-0

Portsmouth v Blackpool Away win 0-2

Rotherham United v Doncaster Rovers Home win 2-1

Walsall v Blackburn Rovers Away win 1-2

I don't understand a lot of these desired results. We are looking up at the playoffs. Therefore, the main teams that affect us are charlton, Plymouth, Bradford and scunthorpe.
so we wanted a charlton loss, scunthorpe loss and a draw between Plymouth and Bradford.
Charlton lost, scunthorpe drew and Bradford lost. The only problem was Plymouth winning today. BUT and I am aware I am being extremely optimistic, if we win our 2 games in hand, we are only 3 points off Plymouth who are now in 6th place.

Literslly anhthing can happen until until the end of the season and we will see some crazy results. We just need to focus on winning and see what happens.

I felt that Scunthorpe are too far ahead and Charlton have games in hand compared to the others, so that our main concerns were Plymouth and Bradford who happened to be playing each other so a draw was the best result for us. Unfortunately Plymouth can't stop winning so we may have to hope that Scunthorpe crash and burn.....

Looking at the severe weather forecast for the week ahead I think our game on Saturday could be in jeopardy.

A bit early to say at the moment, but you never know, current forecast for Friday evening in Southend is light snow and -1 C overnight into early Saturday morning.

Pretty good day for us results wise and we've stayed 13th. I also don't think that Plymouth beating Bradford is actually a bad result, I would have been happy with that or a draw. Bradford now have a game in hand on Plymouth and will go level with them if they win it. I know that being 9 points behind Plymouth doesn't look great on paper, but we do have 2 games in hand on them.

Back on topic.

I guess this will be re-arranged for a Tuesday night game now? Shame for both parties really, in which case I would imagine it will be a low 3,000 crowd.

I had a quick look at the fixtures and couldn't find a free Saturday, although I may have missed one.

Back on topic.

I guess this will be re-arranged for a Tuesday night game now? Shame for both parties really, in which case I would imagine it will be a low 3,000 crowd.

I had a quick look at the fixtures and couldn't find a free Saturday, although I may have missed one.
Why would we have a free Saturday? International breaks don't affect our division and our fixtures against Wigan and Rochdale are not on FA Cup weekends (in fact we have already played Wigan twice).

Actually I do believe there is a Saturday when we don't play - March 31st.....but that is because we play on Good Friday instead. So a midweek trip to BP it is then.

Back