• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I think he is good to go for Saturday, he nearly played 90 minutes yesterday, he was subbed off to be replaced by Clark, but as far as i know, not because of injury.

Nazon looks a real player for them, scored two fantastic goals against Blackburn and looks strong, tricky, quick and direct.

Another factor perhaps to bear in mind is that Latics were not engaged last Saturday, last playing a week ago when we played Bury. These enforced breaks can sometimes work against the team affected,.

This has happened with us on more than one occasion in the last couple of seasons. General consensus was that we would be refreshed, and come out all guns blazing.
Pretty sure we huffed & puffed on both occasions ( think one game was v Millwall in LDV or what-ever it's now called?).
And post match reaction, was because we hadn't played for 10 days or so, we were rusty & lethargic!

Chris Powell is stepping into Phil Brown's media shoes I see. He's the expert summariser for Sky at the Derby v Leeds match tonight. What a great chap he seems to be - certainly comes over as such on the TV. Hopefully he can return to focus on the upcoming Oldham match tomorrow and lead us to victory again.

Chris Powell is stepping into Phil Brown's media shoes I see. He's the expert summariser for Sky at the Derby v Leeds match tonight. What a great chap he seems to be - certainly comes over as such on the TV. Hopefully he can return to focus on the upcoming Oldham match tomorrow and lead us to victory again.

Why is he not at home watching every minute of every Oldham game this season working on a plan to win on Saturday. Powell out, practically part time.

I would imagine a similar crowd of around 4,000 on Saturday, they normally average around 3,700 home fans for a game, if we take 280 odd like we did last season. Considering their league position, It could well be another high end 3K attendance.

Like you say, not good at all. Especially for League One football.

In hindsight, I feel blessed to have the "Roots Hall Faithful".... I can't recall in the last few years when we played a league match with a total attendance of less than 4,000?

It's certainly been a while. I'm guessing under Sturrock against hartlepool or the like on a cold Tuesday night.

I would imagine a similar crowd of around 4,000 on Saturday, they normally average around 3,700 home fans for a game, if we take 280 odd like we did last season. Considering their league position, It could well be another high end 3K attendance.

Like you say, not good at all. Especially for League One football.

In hindsight, I feel blessed to have the "Roots Hall Faithful".... I can't recall in the last few years when we played a league match with a total attendance of less than 4,000?

I pretty sure, having checked that out last sub 4k crowd was Macclesfield at home in 2004

Yeah I think he is good to go for Saturday, he nearly played 90 minutes yesterday, he was subbed off to be replaced by Clark, but as far as i know, not because of injury.

Does anyone know how he did? He's been out for a while so would be interesting to know if he looks sharp enough or if he'll need a couple of weeks to get back into the swing of things.

Will be watching this on i-follow hopefully, unless the missus drags me shopping again. I would bring MAF in for Ladapo myself. Need to hold the ball up top a bit more away from home, and he is better at that. Also Ladapo with his pace etc would be better against a tired defence than MAF. Good to have these options now.

Other than that unchanged for me. I thought Harrison did OK on the wing on Saturday, maybe tired a little, but he has to get used to pro football rather than U23's etc.

Mantom brought onto the bench as well.

I think he will stick with Lapado. He needs to give him a run of games to see if he is worth keeping for next season. I don't think Fortune will get another contract - we need to see if Lapado actually has a goal or two in him and we will only do that by playing him and allowing him to gel with Cox.

I think he will stick with Lapado. He needs to give him a run of games to see if he is worth keeping for next season. I don't think Fortune will get another contract - we need to see if Lapado actually has a goal or two in him and we will only do that by playing him and allowing him to gel with Cox.

I agree, we are almost safe this season and SCP is working on who he wants to keep next year. I can see Wright and Harrison getting more game time for the same reason. Fortune does make a useful sub option.

I for one didn't have a problem with Phil Browns media exploits. Especially as he regularly mentioned the Blues on Talk Sport. Therefore I do not have a problem with Chris Powell doing the same.

I do have a problem though with the PB outers that used this as an example of his lack of focus on the Blues when he did this media work.

Double standards and hypocrisy!:thumbdown:

Not confident about this one. All our wins under CP have come against top 10 teams. Oldham are scrapping and this will be an entirely different game. If we do win, then this really will set up an interesting last 12 games of the season, but I'm going for CP's unbeaten record to go on Saturday, but would love to be wrong!!

Feel the same way, can't help but think it will be another draw against a relegation battling side, but hopefully our unbeaten record will continue until probably when we are away at Plymouth or Blackburn.

It's interesting peoples perspectives isn't it?

I saw that 0-0 draw with Bury as 2 points lost, yet I saw the Portsmouth result as 2 points gained. So all in all it evens itself out.

I for one didn't have a problem with Phil Browns media exploits. Especially as he regularly mentioned the Blues on Talk Sport. Therefore I do not have a problem with Chris Powell doing the same.

I do have a problem though with the PB outers that used this as an example of his lack of focus on the Blues when he did this media work.

Double standards and hypocrisy!:thumbdown:

Never was pro Brown but he managed a few winning runs whilst doing his usual rounds of media and so I doubt his away from the club commitments had any adverse effect. I also doubt he would have been allowed to pursue his media work if it meant neglecting his duties. At the end of the day, our managers salary may be big to some and modest to others, but if they can top it up, good luck to them.

Back