• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All together now..........

Ee-Aye, Ee-Aye, Eye-Aye-Oh,
Up the Football League we go,
When we get promotion,
This is what we'll sing,
We are Southend, We are Southend,
Chris Powell is our King!

Oi!

I for one didn't have a problem with Phil Browns media exploits. Especially as he regularly mentioned the Blues on Talk Sport. Therefore I do not have a problem with Chris Powell doing the same.

I do have a problem though with the PB outers that used this as an example of his lack of focus on the Blues when he did this media work.

Double standards and hypocrisy!:thumbdown:

Maybe Chris was contracted to do that match before he was appointed to SUFC. Will be interesting to see if he appears on future matches, not that it makes much difference to us.

Looking forward to this one, on the 7:18 train out of Southend Central so God help us if we lose!

I think the side will be unchanged, Ladapo up against an old side will be looking to prove a point.

This won't be easy, they've been in good form and are scrapping for their lives, but I honestly think we have the quality to win. Big bonus will be having the likes of Wright and Mantom on the bench, just gives us more strength on that front.

Dare I say Robinson will get some game time following his 4 goals vs MK Kids?

In terms of strikers, I still have Cox and Fortune as our best pairing. Ladapo and Harrison are still options but remain largely "on trial" for me. And then there is Wabo. After that there is Robinson - for me, he will have to suddenly improve dramatically to break into the team.

All together now..........

Ee-Aye, Ee-Aye, Eye-Aye-Oh,
Up the Football League we go,
When we get promotion,
This is what we'll sing,
We are Southend, We are Southend,
Chris Powell is our King!

Oi!
Love to hear a packed stadium singing that.Record it and play it over the loudspeakers.

46 years ago this weekend Southend went on an unbeated run of 13 games , now if we do that this season who knows .:winking:

I for one didn't have a problem with Phil Browns media exploits. Especially as he regularly mentioned the Blues on Talk Sport. Therefore I do not have a problem with Chris Powell doing the same.

I do have a problem though with the PB outers that used this as an example of his lack of focus on the Blues when he did this media work.

Double standards and hypocrisy!:thumbdown:

With all due respect Chris Powell has proper links with Derby.

Think this might be the first match for Pubey Jr. What a treat!

With all due respect Chris Powell has proper links with Derby.

What has that got to do with it? Are you saying that if Phil Brown had only done media work involving clubs that he had proper links with then people would have been happy with that....?
The PB outers would have been happy with anything that he did full stop! If he'd commentated on a game of a club that he'd had a link with they would have said that he was putting himself in the shop window...:smile:

This is the pre-match thread for Oldham vs Southend chaps lets try not to wonder too far off topic, thanks.

Wrap him up well. Coldest League ground I have been to.

My eldest has just played a match about 2 miles away from Boundary Park and the ground is frozen but thawing. He was on 3G but the grass surrounding the pitch and puddles were all completely frozen!

My eldest has just played a match about 2 miles away from Boundary Park and the ground is frozen but thawing. He was on 3G but the grass surrounding the pitch and puddles were all completely frozen!

Surely there is under soil heating at Boundary Park?:dim:

Pitch partially frozen. Referee inspecting now. Decision at midday

Back