• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have attended the past few years with Trade price cars, they sponsor so many players!

Anyway this is one well worth bidding for, you get a 3 course meal, chances to win all kinds of SUFC signed merchandise through games and quizzes etc. Sitting on a table with a few players, who are always very chatty (I'm assuming that this will be on a table including Ben Coker who is a very friendly chap). You also get a professional photo of you and your sponsored player holding their Southend shirt. A really good night out for any fan.

Because what you said earlier wasn't confirmed, you said you'd "heard"....if we all went by things people had "heard" on this site over the years, then the club would be a lot different!

Quite possibly, but I heard from Southend United’s Head of Commercial.

I have attended the past few years with Trade price cars, they sponsor so many players!

Anyway this is one well worth bidding for, you get a 3 course meal, chances to win all kinds of SUFC signed merchandise through games and quizzes etc. Sitting on a table with a few players, who are always very chatty (I'm assuming that this will be on a table including Ben Coker who is a very friendly chap). You also get a professional photo of you and your sponsored player holding their Southend shirt. A really good night out for any fan.[/QUOTE

Au contraire.

Coker was a disgrace at the dinner last year.

Good luck if he's on your table.

Au contraire.

Coker was a disgrace at the dinner last year.

Good luck if he's on your table.
He was on the same table as me at the SPONSORS dinner, with mcnasty and Anthony Wordsworth, and he was a gent. Are you talking about the GALA dinner? Not that I think he was a disgrace there - they all let their hair down, which I didn't have a problem with.

He was on the same table as me at the SPONSORS dinner, with mcnasty and Anthony Wordsworth, and he was a gent. Are you talking about the GALA dinner? Not that I think he was a disgrace there - they all let their hair down, which I didn't have a problem with.

Depends on whether your expectation is for him to sit at your table for more than the time it takes to gobble down his food, to talk to anyone else on your table other than his girlfriend, who arrived uninvited, and to generally be as rude and arrogant as possible.

Depends on whether your expectation is for him to sit at your table for more than the time it takes to gobble down his food, to talk to anyone else on your table other than his girlfriend, who arrived uninvited, and to generally be as rude and arrogant as possible.

Definitely wasn't the Sponsors Evening then, there were absolutely no girlfriends/wives there - invited or otherwise - and he was sat with mcnasty and us at the table throughout the meal and then milled round having photos including one with hubby and I, Tims and Woody where we all look a bit worse for weather - apart from Ben!

There was a lot of confusion over the Gala Dinner, some brought their other halves, some didn't - maybe she found this out and turned up?

I've never found him anything but friendly, when he broke his ankle/leg a couple of years back, he came and sat with us in the Shrimpers for an hour or so before games to meet up with fans, and he's always brilliant with kids at our JB events - at Christmas he made it all so much more special for the older ones by joining in with their training session and he was (IIRC) the only player to stay for the whole event, not just the allocated hour.

I think that reading the ‘differing’ views , it’s clear that , like all of us , we all have good and bad days.

Definitely wasn't the Sponsors Evening then, there were absolutely no girlfriends/wives there - invited or otherwise - and he was sat with mcnasty and us at the table throughout the meal and then milled round having photos including one with hubby and I, Tims and Woody where we all look a bit worse for weather - apart from Ben!

There was a lot of confusion over the Gala Dinner, some brought their other halves, some didn't - maybe she found this out and turned up?

I've never found him anything but friendly, when he broke his ankle/leg a couple of years back, he came and sat with us in the Shrimpers for an hour or so before games to meet up with fans, and he's always brilliant with kids at our JB events - at Christmas he made it all so much more special for the older ones by joining in with their training session and he was (IIRC) the only player to stay for the whole event, not just the allocated hour.

Fair enough.

Think people are getting their wires crossed. The SPONSORS evening which is what is on offer here, has in previous years been held at the Rendezvous - Ken, you were on the same table as Kev and I. I have also heard that it's at the Arlington Rooms this year. It's usually towards the end of April, I would have thought 17th or 24th are favourite.

The end of season GALA DINNER is a completely different thing, we had our first one for many seasons at the end of last season at Boots and Laces where supporters were able to pay to go. And it is at the end of the season - or, at least, the normal season.

Have heard that there will be no end of season gala dinner this year. Pity as the last couple have been pretty good.

What does 'letting their hair down' actually mean though?

This could be anything from a couple of pints and a curry to tipping over a police car and then setting fire to it.

Back