• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pleased to see young right back Dan Humphreys enjoyed his 13 match spell with Lowestoft and has returned to us to pursue a contract. The Lowestoft site mentions him establishing himself as a crowd favourite because of his all action enthusiasm.
Lets send out a few more now please, which 3 or 4 not to sure at the mo, I will have to ponder longer on it, but hope we give more opportunities before season over, as I believe transfer window doesnt apply to youngsters stepping down the league

Pleased to see young right back Dan Humphreys enjoyed his 13 match spell with Lowestoft and has returned to us to pursue a contract. The Lowestoft site mentions him establishing himself as a crowd favourite because of his all action enthusiasm.
Lets send out a few more now please, which 3 or 4 not to sure at the mo, I will have to ponder longer on it, but hope we give more opportunities before season over, as I believe transfer window doesnt apply to youngsters stepping down the league
Hopefully young Dan Humphreys will have some good words to say about Lowestoft and a few more of our youngsters can follow in his footsteps and go there on loan .obviously he got what was intended plenty off match game time to help in his progression.

Not U23's, But good to see that U18's goalkeeper Callum Taylor has been picked for the Northern Ireland squad for their match against Belgium next week.

Under Phil Brown a few of them were behind closed doors, especially when triallists were playing. I don't think Chris Powell will be so fussy about people watching as he's less uptight.

People were only stopped from watching training after PB left. So not sure why you would accuse him of that.

Not sure about the U23's, but the U18's are playing at home against Bristol Rovers at 11am on Saturday. (weather pending of course).

Generally the U23s matches are only behind closed doors when they are switched to Roots Hall, where stewards would have to be employed regardless of the size of the crowd. Most matches are at Boots & Laces.

The next scheduled Central League fixture for the U23s is at home to Cheltenham Town on March 13th, kick-off 2:00pm.

Although the next U18s fixture is at Boots & Laces on Saturday, it's a 1:00pm kick-off rather than the usual 11:00am due to travelling considerations for Bristol Rovers.

Can anyone go along and watch these games or is it behind closed doors etc

Under Phil Brown a few of them were behind closed doors, especially when triallists were playing. I don't think Chris Powell will be so fussy about people watching as he's less uptight.

People were only stopped from watching training after PB left. So not sure why you would accuse him of that.

The subject was about watching the U23s games. So my answer was regarding that. Like I said, a few of them were behind closed doors, under Phil Brown. No wonder you get into so many arguments if you don't read the posts properly.
And by the way, he did stop me from watching training towards the end, he sent the fitness guy over to also ask me to stop guessing the line up for the following game, as I had got it right the two games before. That's why I don't start the 'Guess The Lineup' thread anymore, as I respect their wishes. So Phil Brown was very uptight at the training ground. I don't think he ever realised that he had upset too many players, failed on motivation and was using the wrong tactics. And yet I still said he shouldn't be sacked. I was very wrong.

The subject was about watching the U23s games. So my answer was regarding that. Like I said, a few of them were behind closed doors, under Phil Brown. No wonder you get into so many arguments if you don't read the posts properly.
And by the way, he did stop me from watching training towards the end, he sent the fitness guy over to also ask me to stop guessing the line up for the following game, as I had got it right the two games before. So Phil Brown was very uptight at the training ground. I don't think he ever realised that he had upset too many players, failed on motivation and was using the wrong tactics. And yet I still said he shouldn't be sacked. I was very wrong.

I read your post properly and wondered why you made such a claim.....Now we know.

Instead of having a dig at me or PB, maybe you should not have put information that you were privileged too in the public domain.

I thought it was common knowledge that the 11 that set up for the final training session was going to be that Saturdays starting 11.

In general yes. Although sometimes there might only be 10 because of an injury etc. Even when they mix it up a bit you can make an educated guess.

The few times that I would watch training or took a young fan over there we were treated with friendly respect. I was well aware that we were given such open access on a two way trust basis.

So just to clarify, either Phil Brown, the fitness guy or someone else from the club, logged onto SZ to see 70's "guess the line up" thread?

Am I the only one surprised by this?....Dozens of us have done this on every pre match thread week in week out for decades, and even guess the formations.. & most people get it right.

How is this any different? to warrant 70's getting a telling off by a member of the training staff from the club. Unless he was blatantly filming it or making notes.

So just to clarify, either Phil Brown, the fitness guy or someone else from the club, logged onto SZ to see 70's "guess the line up" thread?

Am I the only one surprised by this?....Dozens of us have done this on every pre match thread week in week out for decades, and even guess the formations.. & most people get it right.

How is this any different? to warrant 70's getting a telling off by a member of the training staff from the club. Unless he was blatantly filming it or making notes.

No I have never filmed anything over there. Only times I wrote things were to do with my personal life, and nothing to do with SUFC. The fitness guy was very nice about it, he didn't really tell me off, he seemed a bit embarrassed that PB had sent him over. I was nice back and said fair enough, and I didn't go to training again. I understand where they're coming from. I will go again soon tho.

I read your post properly and wondered why you made such a claim.....Now we know.

Instead of having a dig at me or PB, maybe you should not have put information that you were privileged too in the public domain.

And this is a typical response from you. You can never apologise, instead you go on the attack. So go on, I will bite, what claim? and what privileged information?

seventies your mrs blus and i claim my fiver , if your not you definitely starting to sound like her .

Lol. How can I be. I'm Spartacus, I keep telling you. Here's the proof.

8110410-3x2-940x627.jpg

seventies your mrs blus and i claim my fiver , if your not you definitely starting to sound like her .
Mrs blues posts were inaccurate and full of made up crap. You couldn’t have chosen a more illogical comparison. Personally I would be massively insulted to be compared to him

Back