• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

Today was the funeral of Ray Davy, 63 years associated with Southend United.

Distance stopped me attending but I have heard it was very well attended.

Chris Phillips was there, before heading off to the U23 match against the plastic franchise army, and said it was a really good turn out, which spoke volumes about how high he was regarded.

I think OBL also mentioned in another thread, that the club allowed employees to leave their desks in order to attend. (or words to that effect).

Today was the funeral of Ray Davy, 63 years associated with Southend United.

Distance stopped me attending but I have heard it was very well attended.

I was there. Very good turn out. RH car park was packed. Brian Dear gave a reading during the service, as did the Mayor. I didn’t know this before but Ray was Chairman of England Supporters Association some years ago. He also represented Essex at table tennis.

sadly im in Germany,otherwise i would have gone.
RIP Mr Davy

Back