• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He played in two! And of course in the same team as Lapper!

Just - one sub appearance in 1990 and one in 1994. But 'just' is more than most!

Sammy McCrory went with Northern Ireland in 1958, but didn't get on the field. Derek Spence came close too - was in contention for 1982 but apparently found out by Teletext that he wasn't in.

And of course one of our managers that we'd like to forget about played for England in 1986.

Wasn't it Mike Lapper who was supposedly retiring from football to go into the church or something similar? We released him, having paid £100,000 or so for him, only for him to sign with MLS back in the states. I hope I haven't got that wrong.

I seem to remember him suing the club after he'd gone too. Mind you everybody had a go at suing Jobson back then.

Malcolm Slater (winger)
John Neal (full back)
Both came to my junior school to coach us. We did well under them too! I remember we beat Alleyn Court school 5-0!!!!
Neal went on to be a good manager for a few clubs including a good spell at Chelsea.

Back