• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Homeless

Sometimes things go above and beyond politics and, with your background, you're clearly talking from experience. I do think that we sometimes need to declare ourselves apolitical at times (if there were such a word) - on this occasion, I think that's what you're trying to be.

Is that a nice way of saying he is full of ****?

When I say illegal landlords. I mean they have no planning permission for an HMO and have dangerously divided up property with no fire alarms etc.

Seeing as I am a Landlord and spent 27 years in the LFB. I've rescued people from such places, fitted alarms in such places for frightened immigrants who are to scared to complain because they know the spineless council will do nothing other than anger their landlord. I have helped prosecute such people....One even threaten to play the race card against me in court....
I think that makes me entitled to comment........Because guess what I'm prejudice against such scum bags.

Maybe you should try listening to some of us without prejudice and labelling us right wing etc.:winking:

I’m genuinely confused. Re-read the thread Gary and you’ll find I’ve been actively speaking out against labelling people left or right wing. It’s pointless. And as a landlord myself, a legal and conscientious one as I’m sure you are, I thought you raised an interest point about the ILLEGAL aspect which I think is the definitive prejudice we should ALL be proud of. Seriously, was that point not clear?

Again, the type of scumbags you’re acting against is exactly the sort of scumbag I’d be standing shoulder to shoulder with you to tackle. And you’re accusing me of not listening without prejudice!*

((*one of the finest albums ever recorded)

Sometimes things go above and beyond politics and, with your background, you're clearly talking from experience. I do think that we sometimes need to declare ourselves apolitical at times (if there were such a word) - on this occasion, I think that's what you're trying to be.

Unfortunately on Shrimperzone those of us that know some of the causes of social problem or dare suggest solution, other than "its austerity"...."Its the Tories" are labelled as right wing, or just having a rant.

Saying nice kind words on a forum won't stop a genuine homeless person with mental health issues diving under a tube train at Mile End Station. Weeding out frauds who claim they are homeless and need help just to get out of real prison after being convicted my have saved his life......They were full up when he asked for help.

I’m genuinely confused. Re-read the thread Gary and you’ll find I’ve been actively speaking out against labelling people left or right wing. It’s pointless. And as a landlord myself, a legal and conscientious one as I’m sure you are, I thought you raised an interest point about the ILLEGAL aspect which I think is the definitive prejudice we should ALL be proud of. Seriously, was that point not clear?

Again, the type of scumbags you’re acting against is exactly the sort of scumbag I’d be standing shoulder to shoulder with you to tackle. And you’re accusing me of not listening without prejudice!*

((*one of the finest albums ever recorded)

Sorry wasn't meant to be personal at you. I will change that word as it sounds wrong

Have Faith Hank looks like I typed without any Patience

People need to distinguish between the homeless and beggars. Ive been told that it is the case that a number of the beggars in Southend and Leigh are part of organised groups and therefore are beggars NOT homeless.

HARP and the local businesses produced a helpful little guide on how to help the homeless. It is not to give them money - rather direct them to the organisations that can help.

There is two issues here that people are conflating- 1. a genuine problem with increasing homelessness against a background of severe council cuts and inability to help. Surely these people deserve help in our society. 2 also the issue of beggars in the high street and anti-social behaviour, which is only partly caused by the homeless. (But equally does need dealing with).

Wow.
You all clearly have strong views about the homeless.
so isn't it time to seriously address the problem.
and who better than a high profile club like Southend United.
I'm suggesting that the person you invite to be mascot is someone who is on the road to reform.

Anyone attending a football match who's over 14 and wearing a full kit,i'm sure there is a name for that:dim: do us a favour mate.:net:

Wow.
You all clearly have strong views about the homeless.
so isn't it time to seriously address the problem.
and who better than a high profile club like Southend United.
I'm suggesting that the person you invite to be mascot is someone who is on the road to reform.

We have had enough trouble trying to find a new home for ourselves and have faced eviction a couple of times. We are not the government or the local council.

As for mascots, if we do offer any free slots it should be for a child that has achieved something worth while or fighting some serious medical condition. Not because an adult decided to 'reform'.

O.K.
So maybe a mascot was not a good idea.
So what about Southend United Football Club voicing the concerns of its Shrimperzone members with regard to the homeless.

O.K.
So maybe a mascot was not a good idea.
So what about Southend United Football Club voicing the concerns of its Shrimperzone members with regard to the homeless.

Shrimperzone is not controlled by SUFC, so the club is not responsible for any 'members'. How we reply to a troll is of no concern to them.

What might concern them is an Adult posing as a homeless person they have a duty of care to consider. If you were genuine you would have contacted the club direct.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have had enough trouble trying to find a new home for ourselves and have faced eviction a couple of times. We are not the government or the local council.

As for mascots, if we do offer any free slots it should be for a child that has achieved something worth while or fighting some serious medical condition. Not because an adult decided to 'reform'.

Clearly you have no idea what is like to be or have been homeless. I would suggest you go back to waffling your bollocks on the Brexit thread.

Shrimperzone is not controlled by SUFC, so the club is not responsible for any 'members'. How we reply to a troll is of no concern to them.

What might concern them is an Adult posing as a homeless person they have a duty of care to consider. If you were genuine you would have contacted the club direct.
troll? Someone is 5 posts into their time on Shrimperzone and you are writing them off as a troll. I expect the owners would like us to welcome new posters not scare them away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly you have no idea what is like to be or have been homeless. I would suggest you go back to waffling your bollocks on the Brexit thread.

Of course I do. I have evicted several people over the years. You won't believe how many lying cheating p*** takers there are out there who think landlords are fair game.

I'd be surprised if The Club did not take into consideration the posts of its shrimperzoners.

So why don't you tell us your story...Do you work with the homeless or are you 'reformed' and what do you hope to achieve by becoming a mascot?

I'd be surprised if The Club did not take into consideration the posts of its shrimperzoners.

The club have always monitored ShrimperZone , purely for libellous posts, it is most unusual for the club to respond to general posts.

If you have have enquiries regarding match-days, mascots or the club please contact the club directly.

End of thread.

So here is the story.

For reasons I wont go in to, I took up running about 18 months ago. It was a bit funny to start with, but I now find myself plodding the streets of Southend. I see a lot of people bedding down for the night in Southend High Street (and on one occasion a bench in Victory Sports). It shouldn't happen in the seventh largest economy on the planet, but it does. If you take the time to talk some of them, they all have stories. One lost his job and was evicted because he couldn't pay his rent, he now can't get a job because he is no fixed abode. A young girl was thrown out by her parents and simply had nowhere else to go. A lot of the younger ones hav

HARP is the local charity that offers support, advice and seeks to get homeless people into permanent accommodation.

On 9th June I will be running (not walking) the Southend Half Marathon. I've never done one of these before, and I'd like to do it in under 2 1/4 hours - but finishing it will be an achievement. In doing so, I am hoping to raise a few quid to support HARP.

If you can spare a few pennies, please consider visiting my just giving page and, well, giving a few pennies (or a few quid).

Money goes directly to the charity.

Thanks in advance

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerry-fairless1

So here is the story.

For reasons I wont go in to, I took up running about 18 months ago. It was a bit funny to start with, but I now find myself plodding the streets of Southend. I see a lot of people bedding down for the night in Southend High Street (and on one occasion a bench in Victory Sports). It shouldn't happen in the seventh largest economy on the planet, but it does. If you take the time to talk some of them, they all have stories. One lost his job and was evicted because he couldn't pay his rent, he now can't get a job because he is no fixed abode. A young girl was thrown out by her parents and simply had nowhere else to go. A lot of the younger ones hav

HARP is the local charity that offers support, advice and seeks to get homeless people into permanent accommodation.

On 9th June I will be running (not walking) the Southend Half Marathon. I've never done one of these before, and I'd like to do it in under 2 1/4 hours - but finishing it will be an achievement. In doing so, I am hoping to raise a few quid to support HARP.

If you can spare a few pennies, please consider visiting my just giving page and, well, giving a few pennies (or a few quid).

Money goes directly to the charity.

Thanks in advance

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kerry-fairless1

Donated. Use a bike, none of this running rubbish at our age.

Back