• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Thurrock Football Club has been put up for sale by current owner .

Thurrock Gazette said:
3NHD5Z.jpg

Thurrock FC officially up for sale

A football club has officially gone on the market after the owner's announced they were selling it.

The Thurrock FC ground, which is located on Ship Lane in Aveley, is now up on the market.

Tommy South, Thurrock FC chairman, announced back in August last year that he intended to sell the club ground due to health issues.

The Isthmian Premier League club is now being sold through Southend-based estate agent, Dedman Gray.

Mike Gray, from Dedman Gray, said that he was glad to be part of selling the club, which he recognised as having been under good ownership for the past 35 years.

He said: "The club has been in the same ownership for 35 years, but the family has now decided to stop running the club.

"We are receiving interest from a wide range of people, some even considering a continuation of a football ground.]

"At this stage, all balls are still in the air.

"It will be interesting to see what happens next.

"I respect what the family have done, having run the club for 35 years; but they have now decided to hang up their boots."

There is no current value for the club mentioned on Dedman Grays website.

The site is separated into three main areas: Thurrock Football Club, which is 5.45 acres/2.204 hectares, the training pitches, which is 9.15 acres/3.701 hectares, and the buffer zone, which 2.81 acres/1.138 hectares.

The total size of the site is 17.41 acres/7.043 hectares.

South admitted that the 2016/2017 season would be his last as Chairman.

He announed the sale in a statement last year, which said: "It is a decision I have not made lightly and much thought and consideration has gone in to this.

"The loyalty and support my manager, management staff and players have shown me has been outstanding and I will be forever grateful to them."

He added that his wife and health "come first."

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/news/16036057.Thurrock_FC_officially_up_for_sale/

Full details of Sale here.

http://www.dedmangray.co.uk/commercial-property/?property_id=DBS170085

Thorrock Gazette said:
Stimson: There will be no Thurrock FC next season

bUDJiJ.jpg

Final run - for Thurrock and Mark Stimson

MARK Stimson says he has been told there will be “no Thurrock FC next season”.

Stimson, who has been manager at Ship Lane since May 2012, was speaking after the club was put up for sale.

Chairman Tommy South announced at the start of this season he intended to sell the club due to health issues.

Thurrock are currently 15th in the Isthmian Premier League, 12 points above the single relegation place.

And Stimson says survival would be a bigger achievement than their promotion last season.

“I have been told there will be no Thurrock next season,” he said. “You can’t get clearer than that.

“It leaves us with the rest of the season to enjoy. It’s taken us this long to get back here and we are doing well. I have said to the boys that if they play well then you will have teams wanting you.

“For me, it will be a summer of seeing what is around and hopefully something attracts me and if that is the case I would want to take some of the boys with me.

“They are good men. I have about seven who have played more than 100 games for me and we have a bond. In the meantime we need to enjoy this challenge.”

Thurrock travel to bottom placed club Burgess Hill Town on Saturday, with third-from-bottom Tooting & Mitcham United after that.

Stimson targeted 46 points to stay up at the start of term. Six points off that target, he has called on his players to finish the season strongly.

“We want to finish it well,” said Stimson. “All good things have to come to an end but it’s how you end that counts. Staying up is as big an achievement as getting promoted.

“We don’t get many fans but they make a great noise. At Harrow Borough earlier this month I think there were about 25 of them but it sounded like 200.

"We want to end well for them as well."

Estate agent Dedman Gray, who are overseeing the sale, have admitted interested parties are considering “a continuation of a football ground” but added “all balls are still up in the air”.

http://www.thurrockgazette.co.uk/sport/16040907.Stimson__There_will_be_no_Thurrock_FC_next_season/

Such a shame to see a local(ish) club in this position, this could be their last ever season. :sad:

Back