• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Annual travel insurance

wakes123

Manager⭐
I've got two European stags and Vegas this year so thinking about getting an annual travel insurance policy...any recommendations on who to use?

I have had annual policies in the past but now have cover through one of my bank accounts with the Halifax. For me it covers skiing and car break down which I have used. A good policy will cover trips in the UK as well.

Our old sponsors Insure And Go have always been fine by me in terms of price. Happily not had to make a claim yet though...

Our old sponsors Insure And Go have always been fine by me in terms of price. Happily not had to make a claim yet though...

We've insured with them for the last 8 years when going to Florida. As you say, price has always been competitive, but have heard they are difficult to deal with, if you make a claim?.
Mind you, doubt any Insurers part with any money over a claim without dragging it out long term?.

I've also had good service with Insure and Go, and there used to be a way of getting a discount I think via SUFC?

I had to claim with them once (Father in Law was suddenly very ill and had to cancel a holiday) and it was straight forward.

I've got two European stags and Vegas this year so thinking about getting an annual travel insurance policy...any recommendations on who to use?

We use Insure and Go because they (at the time we started with them) were the only ones that would insure us to SCUBA dive to 30m without charging extra. As it happens I don't think that's an issue anymore, but they're still reasonable.

Check your household insurance doesn’t automatically come with travel insurance as when I purchased mine it was included.
I always get annual insurance and worldwide including the America’s and make sure that you have adequate cover as I have been on some holidays with people who when needed to claim found out to late their insurance was inadequate

From my personal experience, I wouldn't recommend "Insure And Go", they were a nightmare when I had to make a claim with them.

We are making a medical claim with Insure and Go at the moment.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck my old mucker, it took me about 9 months to get my money back from them (even providing a death certificate) for a deceased person!!!

Go look back on the "What is hacking you off today" thread, then you will see my pain & frustration. My initial claim was April last year.

I certainly wouldn't recommend them.

Need some more help on this if possible, but not for me.

A guy I'm going to Vegas has survived cancer (he's 32 I think). He was diagnosed around 3 years ago, the chemo/operations he has had have been successful and he's been fine for the last year or so.

He's looking to get travel insurance and has been quoted £310 with a company called MIA travel insurance - which seems quite high. Does anyone know of any other travel insurers who are particularly good with pre existing illnesses?

Need some more help on this if possible, but not for me.

A guy I'm going to Vegas has survived cancer (he's 32 I think). He was diagnosed around 3 years ago, the chemo/operations he has had have been successful and he's been fine for the last year or so.

He's looking to get travel insurance and has been quoted £310 with a company called MIA travel insurance - which seems quite high. Does anyone know of any other travel insurers who are particularly good with pre existing illnesses?

Might be worth asking on some cancer support charity forums?

Allclear are OK, if you already have ongoing travel insurance as part of a banking package (like Natwest Rewards), give them a call, they usually beat the quote.

Back