• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Survey on attitudes to female referees

I'm sure women's football need more female referees. Not sure it would work in the English professional game.

I'm sure women's football need more female referees. Not sure it would work in the English professional game.

That's because you are a dinosaur.

The advent of the women's game have given female referees a career path where they are seen just as a referee and not a "female referee". However, there is no bar to a female refereeing a man's game. Why should there be? A referee is a referee, they'll get abuse from those in the crowd based on their reffing.

That's because you are a dinosaur.

The advent of the women's game have given female referees a career path where they are seen just as a referee and not a "female referee". However, there is no bar to a female refereeing a man's game. Why should there be? A referee is a referee, they'll get abuse from those in the crowd based on their reffing.

I like wishful thinkers, they can bring a smile to your face. You have to be careful though because unfortunately their naivety can lead to problems.

All done.
To me it is irrelevant whether the person is male or female it is about competency although (and please no one shoot me down) I cannot abide the female football commentaries. I just find some of their voices to high pitched.

I like wishful thinkers, they can bring a smile to your face. You have to be careful though because unfortunately their naivety can lead to problems.

If people are focusing on the sex of the referee rather than the competence of the referee, then they are the ones with the problem. More female referees and fewer people like that in the game please.

All done.
To me it is irrelevant whether the person is male or female it is about competency although (and please no one shoot me down) I cannot abide the female football commentaries. I just find some of their voices to high pitched.

Female commentator on BT Sport last week "Goal ----- no, sorry, that was a replay of a previous goal"

Stop filing your nails love , pay attention or pull your knickers up and put the kettle on.

Female commentator on BT Sport last week "Goal ----- no, sorry, that was a replay of a previous goal"

Stop filing your nails love , pay attention or pull your knickers up and put the kettle on.

Ken, you have just confirmed how us females are able to multi task :smile:

Back