• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I know there’s some chat in the pre-match thread, but I think this needs visibility so any poor souls on he motorway get the best chance of noticing!

Feel so sorry for all those making the very long journey up there, surely they could’ve been able to tell earlier?!

Utter utter joke. It’s a glorious day up here. We’ve had a couple
of frosts, that’s all. Just usual winter weather. It’s not like we’ve had a solid week of sub-zero temperatures, or heavy snow. Football is a game played in winter. If Oldham can’t prepare a pitch they should be fined by the league.

Utter utter joke. It’s a glorious day up here. We’ve had a couple
of frosts, that’s all. Just usual winter weather. It’s not like we’ve had a solid week of sub-zero temperatures, or heavy snow. Football is a game played in winter. If Oldham can’t prepare a pitch they should be fined by the league.

Lets hope you don't need to swop Oldham for Southend for that last sentence next week.

Ron should have told Phil to get up there and sort it out, he is an experienced gardener and has loads and loads on hot air. :winking:

Living in West Yorkshire I know that travelling along the M62 the micro climate around Oldham can be bleak in winter. The highest motorway point in England is nearby and the ground is near to Saddleworth Moor. That being said it's always been like that and they should get their act together for travelling fans.

Surprised it's been called off. I live not far from Manchester and like DCC said, the sun's been shining all day and it's not even that cold. And as far as I can see it's the only game that's been called off today. :nope:

Historically the usual suspects are always Oldham,Rochdale,Bury and Accrington. The likes of Blackburn,Burnley,Bolton and Wigan have more dosh and better facilities. I would be surprised if Oldham etc are not in the top 6 most postponed games from the historical stats. Sunny weather OK but perhaps some of the ground is in shadow.

Same problem as we have at Roots Hall - an area that remains in the shade. Ground temperature there reported to be -5, while in the sun it's into +double figures!

I've said it before, and will say it again, a local ref needs to assess any dubious grounds or areas of grounds at 9 a.m. which gives travelling supporters a reasonable amount of notice.

Anyone wanting to make representation, here are a few suggested ways:
By post: Letters should be addressed to Supporter Services Department, EFL House, 10-12 West Cliff, Preston, PR1 8HU

By direct dial telephone: on 01772 325829

By fax: on 01772 325801

By e-mail: to enquiries@efl.com

or here
http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/how-to-complain

(with thanks to Phil Alsford on FB)

Really gutted that the match is off as it was the last away ground we needed to complete league 1

Now taking in Leeds v Brentford, at least we can check out southend old boys Egan and Bentley

Last edited:
Comiserations to all who travelled, hope you get to another game. We went to Salford City after the Rochdale postponement, quite a tidy ground. We're really not having much luck in the Manchester area this year!

Back