• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mattitouk

Life President
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but for those of you that enjoy the show and getting their 1st fix of Southend's matchday highlights...

I've seen that the Football League Show on currently on Channel 5 has been dumped by them at the end of the season, and from next next season will be shown on low profile channel "Quest" (can't say iv'e ever heard of it). It's come a long way down the pecking order of demand since appearing on BBC1 after Match Of The Day. (talking of MOTD, there is a rumour that the BBC could lose that also to Amazon).

Is this just another example of money bags media not showing an interest in any league other than the Premiership.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but for those of you that enjoy the show and getting their 1st fix of Southend's matchday highlights...

I've seen that the Football League Show on currently on Channel 5 has been dumped by them at the end of the season, and from next next season will be shown on low profile channel "Quest" (can't say iv'e ever heard of it). It's come a long way down the pecking order of demand since appearing on BBC1 after Match Of The Day. (talking of MOTD, there is a rumour that the BBC could lose that also to Amazon).

Is this just another example of money bags media not showing an interest in any league other than the Premiership.

I don't watch it, or MotD anymore as both, in their own ways have strayed too far from the basic roots of following football AND how to commentate without patronising, + smart *** multiple replay point scoring with a huge bias to the big clubs.

. It's come a long way down the pecking order of demand since appearing on BBC1 after Match Of The Day. (talking of MOTD, there is a rumour that the BBC could lose that also to Amazon).

I'd forgotten about that programme. Yes, the one hosted by Manish Bhasin and always had Steve Claridge as the expert.

I know it was on Sunday morning as well, but it was always a bit late on Saturday night, which I guess is why Channel 5 thought of packaging it during prime time.

Still, maybe everyone is missing Adam Virgo's insight, this season and viewing figures have plummeted as a result.

Back