• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My question would be to ask who he swapped shirts with after that Liverpool game at Roots Hall in 1979, or the replay at Anfield. And does he still have the shirt(s)...

My question would be to ask who he swapped shirts with after that Liverpool game at Roots Hall in 1979, or the replay at Anfield. And does he still have the shirt(s)...
Did they swop shirts then .

Met him once in Southend High Street, back when he was playing for us, and he graciously stopped and chatted briefly. Came across as a nice guy that had time for the fans. He got a good ratio of goals but it always felt like he could have got more. Somehow, when he ran, he resembled a windmill with his arms twirling!

I would like to ask him if he still has a good regard for SUFC and why or why not?

I remember when he played for Burnley at Roots Hall .

How did you miss those one-on-ones against Liverpool? We could have won!

I never went to the Liverpool home game, but for years I heard about these folklore one on ones, however after seeing the chances on YouTube I wouldn't really call them clear cut one on ones. I think peoples wishful thinking memory was playing tricks!

Last edited:
Derrick was signed up for SUEPA today - and Micky Laverick. We now have 10 of the 12 on the team sheet that famous night.

Apologies for whats probably a silly question but what's SUEPA? I can make an educated guess but would rather know for sure!

Also who are the missing players?

Back