• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just parking this here as it is relevant, I think.

We were talking about the knock on effect of trying to play that match against Walsall. I'm not sure how well thought out it was, but there were several issues with the game going ahead, regardless of the result. The effect of putting people off the Doncaster match, possibly, after such a miserable afternoon the week before and so on.

Plus, had the Walsall match been re-arranged for 10th April, then it would be in the Easter holidays so maybe could have run with a kids for a quid promotion and maybe got a decent crowd in.

Additionally, had the Walsall match been called off, the Doncaster crowd would have been up, as it would have been the first home match since Portsmouth, so a three week gap.

All in all, I'm really not sure that worked last Saturday on several levels, apart from keeping the cashflow of the club going.
I don’t think We couldn’t do a promotion, I think the league dictates how many you are allowed to do

OK, MO 'united'.

Didn't realize that. I thought clubs could charge what they like, within reason.

I guess it's to do with being fair to season ticket holders by not constantly reducing matchday prices.

Back