• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Me the wife and daughter are stopping in the premier inn and I think the main place for a drink b4 the game is the Manchester bar

Me the wife and daughter are stopping in the premier inn and I think the main place for a drink b4 the game is the Manchester bar

I think that's the family-themed eatery on the seafront.

For those in search of "proper" traditional pubs and ale, Blackpool may not be the place for you. Instead head for nearby Poulton-le-Fylde.

The Manchester Bar is awful. Truly awful. Not an ale in sight.

The Velvet Coaster, Wetherspoons pub, on the prom was pretty good while we were up there a couple of years ago. Bit of a stretch to the ground from there though.

Where's everyone drinking in Blackpool?

I am meeting up with the general himself Steve Walsh in the Wetherspoons on the seafront The Albert and the lion

The Velvet Coaster, Wetherspoons pub, on the prom was pretty good while we were up there a couple of years ago. Bit of a stretch to the ground from there though.

The Velvet Coaster is about 1 mile from the ground. The Albert and the Lion probably slightly closer. But yes both better than that Manchester Bar place.

I think the Bloomfield Brewhouse was our final stop before the game a couple of years ago. Seem to remember it was alright, mix of home and away fans and they were showing the football on TV. They have their own beer if you like that sort of thing. It's a bit further down Bloomfield Road from the stadium if you're coming from the seafront.

I think the Bloomfield Brewhouse was our final stop before the game a couple of years ago. Seem to remember it was alright, mix of home and away fans and they were showing the football on TV. They have their own beer if you like that sort of thing. It's a bit further down Bloomfield Road from the stadium if you're coming from the seafront.

Yes I was trying to remember the name of that place but I thought it was excellent.

Blackpool! One of the worst away trips ever! The best thing about the October, 2000, game was we recovered to take a point. The booked hotel was a dosshouse; the substitute place needed 10p coins for electricity, and only then did I see a neon light outside our room in red. No, really.
There was no proper restaurant in the entire town. So unless things have changed, it's fish & chips or yak meat kebabs, boys and girls.
The pub we looked into on the Saturday (our game was a Sunday) was showing the last ever international from the old Wembley.
Dietmaar Hamann, and all that.
The pub was akin to Dodge City. Beer was being thrown everywhere, and a fight was on the verge of breaking out.
All the same, had to admire the local girls tottering down the front in boob tubes, and leather belts - they were too short to be skirts.
It was October and freezing, but these lasses must have had whale blood coursing through their veins!

Blackpool! One of the worst away trips ever! The best thing about the October, 2000, game was we recovered to take a point. The booked hotel was a dosshouse; the substitute place needed 10p coins for electricity, and only then did I see a neon light outside our room in red. No, really.
The pub was akin to Dodge City. Beer was being thrown everywhere, and a fight was on the verge of breaking out.
All the same, had to admire the local girls tottering down the front in boob tubes, and leather belts - they were too short to be skirts.
It was October and freezing, but these lasses must have had whale blood coursing through their veins!

Last season my youngest son & his mates went to watch us at Fleetwood, & had booked a B & B in nearby Blackpool for that night.
Appreciate most 'week-enders' in Blackpool are there for 'Hen' / 'Stag' nights so accommodation for £16 a night will be pretty basic. When they went down for Breakfast on Sunday, they all looked at the disgusting mess that was put in front of them, all left & retreated to the nearest McDonalds!.
And for anyone going on Saturday, take your Sheepskins & look forward to a long journey home, if the predicted Weather forecast is correct.

Appreciate the comments about Blackpool B&Bs but we had a lovely one when we stayed a couple of years back, it was called Carn Brae, down towards the airport end of South Promenade - lovely host, Ken, who also had a friend who was a Southend supporter staying and a great breakfast. Tram stop just across the road too so very convenient.

I salute you all who made it there from the snowfields of Essex, have a good one, personally won't make it as forced to rest up in the World Brewery Museum , drinking a triple Belgium beer, next to the Worlds tallest tower, in Tokyo, kanishywa !

Back