• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pick your preferred 2

• Total voters
Harrison looks like he could be another Dele Alli, but where is our Harry Kane?

I’m sure Cox could score more than Kane,just so long as we had Christian Eriksen (or De Bruyne!) supplying the chances.

Cox and Fortune is definitely the safe bet, but I went with Cox and Harrison. Harrison looks very good with the ball at his feet and I think would mesh well with Cox - it would also prevent us from playing too much route one stuff and relying more on our quality in the wide areas (Macca and Kightly). I'd also be tempted to give Timlin a rest (he was poor on Saturday but has played really well under SCP) and give Wordsworth a chance to show his class.
Yes,I agree with you about Timlin,but feel Wordsworth needs someone with strong defenive know -how alongside him, Mantom would do very nicely.

Well looking at that poll on this thread, I think we all know who Shrimperzone's preferred two are by a country mile.

I voted for Cox and MAF, however I'd like to take more of a look at what Harrison can do up front, perhaps give him some time as a sub on Saturday.

Well Wabo won't be anywhere near us until next season as he's signed for Ebbsfleet on loan

In fairness to SCP, MAF got a knock on the head in the second half against Wigan, so he was rested for the Bury match.

That said, he has to play on Saturday, IMHO.

Cox and Fortune, no question about it. The two have a good partnership and always look dangerous and that was evident at the weekend when MAF came on. I think the more pressing question is “who comes on up front to change the game”. Personally I would have kept Wabo around the squad to bring on when we need a goal, I’m yet to be convinced any of the others are up to the job at this level.

Dele Alli? Hugely talented and yet one of the most physical players in the Prem and a total cheat? Harrison is about as physical as a butterfly with its wings pulled off and we really don't need him to cheat incessantly. Perhaps another role model could be thought of?

Cox and Fortune, no question about it. The two have a good partnership and always look dangerous and that was evident at the weekend when MAF came on. I think the more pressing question is “who comes on up front to change the game”. Personally I would have kept Wabo around the squad to bring on when we need a goal, I’m yet to be convinced any of the others are up to the job at this level.

Always look dangerous, but do not score! I think they have scored 2 goals together all season as a partnership. I have not got a recent programme to see how many times they have played together.
We used to rely on MrsBlue for all the striker stats!

I have said it before but for me I would throw Dru up top with A N Other. He has quick feet and a brain to match. He is tenacious and no slouch and has a low centre of gravity. That boy has fox in the box etched through him.

Always look dangerous, but do not score! I think they have scored 2 goals together all season as a partnership. I have not got a recent programme to see how many times they have played together.
We used to rely on MrsBlue for all the striker stats!

They do however bring our midfielders and Demitriou into the game with their hold up play (Fortune especially), whenever those 2 aren't upfront together it's noticeable how our midfielders get less sights on goal because we lose the ball before we have a chance to pass it to them in a dangerous area.

I like Cox a lot and Fortune is decent for someone of his age. I really hope with his experience and having a new manager we get some decent striking options in the summer.

Can't believe there is 6 voters that wouldn't play Cox. Just shows you football supporting is definitely not an exact science.:nope:

Cox and MAF should be flying into challenges when the ball gets knocked into the box, unfortunately they are not attacking that cross with venom. God i wouldve loved to play upfront with Kightly, Macca, Coker and Demi knocking them over to me (especially under the instruction of SCP to do so) and i often find myself out of my seat pumping my fist urging them to do so ! Barry Corr wouldve had a load of goals by now. The wing play since SCP took over has been Championship class. I put down Wabo to partner Cox as i was hoping a natural goalscorer would actually attack those crosses, seeing the defenders on their heels, backing off, oh yes get in there and murder them !!

Back