• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prostate Cancer checks

Had mine checked last year and have an enlarged prostate which means I am on tabs for the rest of my life but it's better than having cancer

Found some blood in my love snot on Monday so phoned the docs and, despite being fully booked, they agreed to see me that day. Was a bit worrying as he made it sound like it might be serious.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, he shoved his (surprisingly large) finger up my arse, had a good rummage around and after a while told me everything was fine. I wondered why he had such a sweat on, but was pretty relieved to be given the all clear.

He asked me to go back this coming Monday for a further check 'just to be sure'.

Well in light of this thread, and learning only last night that my Grandad is suffering with Prostate cancer although common in older men still a shock to the system I have decided to ride London to surrey 46.

I have never done anything like this before, I'll admit I'm a 'big' guy who smokes and is very unfit so for me this is massive.

I'm looking to raise as much money as possible for Prostate cancer uk If any of you would like to help by donating it would be very much appreciated.

I will post my justgiving page on here shortly and would love for any advice or guidance from anyone who has raised money for charity before on how to go about getting as much as possible and from anyone who has done charity rides or marathons on how best to start preparing.

I think it is safe to say I am completely throwing myself into the deep end here!

Ross

Well in light of this thread, and learning only last night that my Grandad is suffering with Prostate cancer although common in older men still a shock to the system I have decided to ride London to surrey 46.

I have never done anything like this before, I'll admit I'm a 'big' guy who smokes and is very unfit so for me this is massive.

I'm looking to raise as much money as possible for Prostate cancer uk If any of you would like to help by donating it would be very much appreciated.

I will post my justgiving page on here shortly and would love for any advice or guidance from anyone who has raised money for charity before on how to go about getting as much as possible and from anyone who has done charity rides or marathons on how best to start preparing.

I think it is safe to say I am completely throwing myself into the deep end here!

Ross

Stopping the evil weed would be a good start. :thumbsup:

Back