Likes Likes:  65
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Wabo to Ebbsfleet on loan

Norman on for Ebbsfleet at Barrow after 67 minutes.

Pleased for Wabo, that he's finally getting some pitch time during his loan, i make that around 80 minutes in his last 3 matches for them.

Ebbsfleet also seem to being do quite well as of late, it looks like that they may very well be a late contender for a play off position (just 2 points off Wrexham with 2 games in hand on them).

Not sure they would get promoted though to League Two, but if they did, I wonder what our clubs take on it would be, and extend he's loan for another few months into the start of next season at Ebbsfleet, to analise how he performs at a League Two level.

Director

Quote Originally Posted by mattitouk View Post
    Pleased for Wabo, that he's finally getting some pitch time during his loan, i make that around 80 minutes in his last 3 matches for them.

Ebbsfleet also seem to being do quite well as of late, it looks like that they may very well be a late contender for a play off position (just 2 points off Wrexham with 2 games in hand on them).

Not sure they would get promoted though to League Two, but if they did, I wonder what our clubs take on it would be, and extend he's loan for another few months into the start of next season at Ebbsfleet, to analise how he performs at a League Two level.
    Bring him back now nd see how he performs at league one level,cant be any worse than we got at present,plus good experience for him ,

Exiled Kent Shrimper

Get him back now, we should be blooding him now in league one ready for next season.

I really do not understand what we are doing, we have no strikers at all of any quality, he should start against Franchise FC

Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Get him back now, we should be blooding him now in league one ready for next season.

I really do not understand what we are doing, we have no strikers at all of any quality, he should start against Franchise FC
    I thought the same thing when he went on loan. But CP has three strikers running out of contract, and one who was under contract but was a lemon at the time. Trying to juggle five strikers, deciding their futures and deciding what's best for the club wouldn't been easy. There's no decision to make with Wabo, he's going to be here next season and by sending him out CP can focus on the questions he HAS to ask of his players. Can I get goals from Cox? Can MAF stay fit? Robinson is under a long contract, what can I get out of him? And of course, can Ladapo cut it at this level? I think we know the answer to that last one but they all need minutes.

They have some very experienced goalscorers in Kedwell and McClean, so just because he's at a non-league club doesn't mean he's not learning things that will help him further up the ladder. By all accounts from their supporters he looks like he's enjoying himself - literally - beaming smiles every time his plays.

Wabo and cox are the only 2 striker id keep out of our current squad. Sign two or three more for next season. A target man and pacey forward and a non league goal scorer as a wild card. I'd also like to see young Emile start getting some game time pre season for his goalscoring in the under 18s.

Well we're also stuck with Theo I guess. But to be fair to him he's actually looked quite good in his recent performances. Very surprised that he didn't feature yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy2holes View Post
    Wabo and cox are the only 2 striker id keep out of our current squad. Sign two or three more for next season. A target man and pacey forward and a non league goal scorer as a wild card. I'd also like to see young Emile start getting some game time pre season for his goalscoring in the under 18s.
    We are likely going to have Theo unless we can offload him so if we make your signings then i'd guess the squad budget would be well blown adding 3 more strikers unless we go for cheap options.

On the back of Tommy's & Westy's comments. I agree with them both. However, if we don't have the budget for another 2 or 3 strikers without off loading MAF & Theo, Then Norman should be our "Non League Wild Card". With another experienced Championship striker (preferably around 28) coming in to the side. Alongside a consistent League 2 forward.

That being said.... If Wabo doesn't feature in SCP's plans next season (except for a bit part player in the EFL Trophy)... I see know reason in recalling him from loan. He seems to being enjoying he's football at National league level, & doesn't seem to be punching above his weight than most other footballers for a 19 year old Southend Academy Kid.

IMO, he is better off gaining solid experience elsewhere by the time we get knocked out of all the cup competitions around September as usual.

Then recall him from loan when we are effected by injuries etc.

Quite well ? That's 10 games unbeaten and a very good chance of the playoffs. However with the new format they would still have to win 3 matches to get through them and become our nearest League team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Quite well ? That's 10 games unbeaten and a very good chance of the playoffs. However with the new format they would still have to win 3 matches to get through them and become our nearest League team.
    What new format?
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

The team that finishes 1st are automatically promoted.

The teams that finish 2nd and 3rd go straight through to the play off semi final's (both these teams will have the home advantage)

The teams that finish 4th faces 7th & the team that finishes 5th plays the team that finishes 6th. (teams 4th & 5th will also have the home advantage).

The ties are all one legged.

I think I got that right?

The team that finishes 1st are automatically promoted.

The teams that finish 2nd and 3rd go straight through to the play off semi final's (both these teams will have the home advantage)

The teams that finish 4th faces 7th & the team that finishes 5th plays the team that finishes 6th. (teams 4th & 5th will also have the home advantage).

The ties are all one legged.

I think I got that right?
    Indeed. Think it's good. Gives teams credit for what they've achieved in the normal League programme.

Has come on as a 79th minute sub with them losing 1-0.

If Ebbsfleet win tonight they should move into the play-off places which would be good for everyone.

I doubt Wabo would get a start, but after losing to Sutton at the weekend they may want to switch things up. Fingers crossed.