• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jimmy Greaves ,Dennis Law, our own Freddy Eastwood werent too big either , dont have to be big to be a striker,just need an instinct of where that ball is going to be bobbing around near that goal square.

Add a few more to them, as well. Namely one Kevin Keegan for a start.

The key is who plays upfront with them and the role they play. The big fella/little fella combo has worked well for many clubs over the years and I think SCP likes the idea of that style, so I'd be surprised if he let Coxy go, but would expect him to be looking for a big fella in the summer or seeing if Theo really could work.

I'd hope Norm was back with us next season and getting some game time from the bench. Definitely has an eye for goal.

Add a few more to them, as well. Namely one Kevin Keegan for a start.

The key is who plays upfront with them and the role they play. The big fella/little fella combo has worked well for many clubs over the years

Billy Best- he wasn't that big - nor Richard Cadette: Smash and Grab -Warboys and Bannister - classic big fella little fella.

Ok, I think we get the idea.

Let's stick to Wabo and if people want to discuss smaller forwards and/or little and large combinations we can create a new thread for them.

I was at Ebbsfleet tonight (Father in Law has been a fan there for 70 years).

Wabo did indeed come on. He spent most of his time chasing long balls against a gigantic Wrexham defence. However, he did have a part to play in the second goal, with a neat lay off to set up the finish and was wholly responsible for the third goal when he ran at the defender, won the ball back off him and set up one of the better finishes I've seen this season. Supporters there seem to want to keep him, I suggested that wouldn't be happening.

2 goals scored after Weston came on again too

Pleased for Wabo, that he's finally getting some pitch time during his loan, i make that around 80 minutes in his last 3 matches for them.

Ebbsfleet also seem to being do quite well as of late, it looks like that they may very well be a late contender for a play off position (just 2 points off Wrexham with 2 games in hand on them).

Not sure they would get promoted though to League Two, but if they did, I wonder what our clubs take on it would be, and extend he's loan for another few months into the start of next season at Ebbsfleet, to analise how he performs at a League Two level.

Pleased for Wabo, that he's finally getting some pitch time during his loan, i make that around 80 minutes in his last 3 matches for them.

Ebbsfleet also seem to being do quite well as of late, it looks like that they may very well be a late contender for a play off position (just 2 points off Wrexham with 2 games in hand on them).

Not sure they would get promoted though to League Two, but if they did, I wonder what our clubs take on it would be, and extend he's loan for another few months into the start of next season at Ebbsfleet, to analise how he performs at a League Two level.
Bring him back now nd see how he performs at league one level,cant be any worse than we got at present,plus good experience for him ,

Get him back now, we should be blooding him now in league one ready for next season.

I really do not understand what we are doing, we have no strikers at all of any quality, he should start against Franchise FC

Get him back now, we should be blooding him now in league one ready for next season.

I really do not understand what we are doing, we have no strikers at all of any quality, he should start against Franchise FC

I thought the same thing when he went on loan. But CP has three strikers running out of contract, and one who was under contract but was a lemon at the time. Trying to juggle five strikers, deciding their futures and deciding what's best for the club wouldn't been easy. There's no decision to make with Wabo, he's going to be here next season and by sending him out CP can focus on the questions he HAS to ask of his players. Can I get goals from Cox? Can MAF stay fit? Robinson is under a long contract, what can I get out of him? And of course, can Ladapo cut it at this level? I think we know the answer to that last one but they all need minutes.

They have some very experienced goalscorers in Kedwell and McClean, so just because he's at a non-league club doesn't mean he's not learning things that will help him further up the ladder. By all accounts from their supporters he looks like he's enjoying himself - literally - beaming smiles every time his plays.

Wabo and cox are the only 2 striker id keep out of our current squad. Sign two or three more for next season. A target man and pacey forward and a non league goal scorer as a wild card. I'd also like to see young Emile start getting some game time pre season for his goalscoring in the under 18s.

Well we're also stuck with Theo I guess. But to be fair to him he's actually looked quite good in his recent performances. Very surprised that he didn't feature yesterday.

Wabo and cox are the only 2 striker id keep out of our current squad. Sign two or three more for next season. A target man and pacey forward and a non league goal scorer as a wild card. I'd also like to see young Emile start getting some game time pre season for his goalscoring in the under 18s.

We are likely going to have Theo unless we can offload him so if we make your signings then i'd guess the squad budget would be well blown adding 3 more strikers unless we go for cheap options.

On the back of Tommy's & Westy's comments. I agree with them both. However, if we don't have the budget for another 2 or 3 strikers without off loading MAF & Theo, Then Norman should be our "Non League Wild Card". With another experienced Championship striker (preferably around 28) coming in to the side. Alongside a consistent League 2 forward.

That being said.... If Wabo doesn't feature in SCP's plans next season (except for a bit part player in the EFL Trophy)... I see know reason in recalling him from loan. He seems to being enjoying he's football at National league level, & doesn't seem to be punching above his weight than most other footballers for a 19 year old Southend Academy Kid.

IMO, he is better off gaining solid experience elsewhere by the time we get knocked out of all the cup competitions around September as usual. :unsure:

Then recall him from loan when we are effected by injuries etc.

Quite well ? That's 10 games unbeaten and a very good chance of the playoffs. However with the new format they would still have to win 3 matches to get through them and become our nearest League team.

Back