• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's would have been a great loan deal if our strikers were scoring. The way it's going, we could have done with him staying. I would have preferred Ba to go out on loan as I see him as behind Wabo.

Good move. Looked to have something about him and a few months of experience at that level will do him the world of good I think.

The only one of our misfiring strikers to have the remotest idea where the goal is and he gets shipped out. He should have been given a chance, he could not do any worse than the others. After making it to the bench under Brown, he must wonder what he has done wrong.

He made it to the bench for about half a dozen games and played 25 minutes of first team football. Some people on here need to stop thinking our youngsters are all ready for the first team too soon.

Did we not all learn our lesson from Jason Williams? Wabo looks a great prospect, and knows where the goal is in reserve level football, but he is a prospect, just the same as Elvis and Dru etc.

This will do him the world of good and he will be much closer to the first team next season. The future of our youngsters is looking very bright, but not all of them will blossom with us, and some will move away and be a success somewhere else, and some will just end up being like Lee Sawyer.

The lesson needed to be learnt by the new management team, which a cursory glance at career records will confirm, is that we do not have a regular goalscorer on the books. For all his qualities, Cox has managed double figures only once in the past nine seasons, the others, best not to mention. To ship out the only goalscorer we have, admittedly unproven at this level, seems daft unless some magical process is going to transform Ladapo into the goalscoring machine that nothing in his record suggests is remotely likely.

please remind me how many goals Norman Wabo has scored in professional football? Think about that before making him out to be something he is not. He is a promising youngster and nothing more at this point. It is likely that this will do him more good than staying, at least this season.

This is a pity. The 15 minutes or so that I saw Wabo playing at Northampton were very impressive indeed. I wish SCP had given him one start before deciding that he is not up to L1 yet. However, provided he gets a ecnt run at Ebbsfleet it will do him good and he'll come back to us ready to become a Shrimpers legend.

I would agree with all the above regarding him gaining experience elsewhere, but I wouldn't agree that he isn't ready yet and might need time to be assessed.

If he was behind the pecking order of two or three then fair enough, but at the moment, his place is being taken by Harrison (who has little more experience at this level) and Lapoodle.

We had a great opportunity to see how he got on at League One level by integrating him in for a few games now and fair enough, if he was a bit raw then ship him out on loan next season.

As others have said, it's hardly as if his current replacements are breaking the back of the net, so what did we have to lose.

The lesson needed to be learnt by the new management team, which a cursory glance at career records will confirm, is that we do not have a regular goalscorer on the books. For all his qualities, Cox has managed double figures only once in the past nine seasons, the others, best not to mention. To ship out the only goalscorer we have, admittedly unproven at this level, seems daft unless some magical process is going to transform Ladapo into the goalscoring machine that nothing in his record suggests is remotely likely.

What lesson needs to be learnt? Chuck a load of kids in who you don't believe are ready / good enough and see what happens?bAnd if you don't win any games, all will be forgiven, will it? This is quite simply, absolute nonsense. Powell, like every other manager, needs to win games quickly and consistently or his own fans will turn on him. As such if there people around the place who he doesn't think can do a job for him currently he's going to try and move them on - perfectly understandable in my book.

What lesson needs to be learnt? Chuck a load of kids in who you don't believe are ready / good enough and see what happens?bAnd if you don't win any games, all will be forgiven, will it? This is quite simply, absolute nonsense. Powell, like every other manager, needs to win games quickly and consistently or his own fans will turn on him. As such if there people around the place who he doesn't think can do a job for him currently he's going to try and move them on - perfectly understandable in my book.
As is absolutely crystal clear, we are not going to get many goals from the current 'strike force'. That's evident from their past record and that is not going to change. Wabo is an unknown quantity who might or might not make it but at least he has the potential to solve the goalscoring drought. The others clearly do not and in my view it would have been a good idea to give him some game time to see how he shapes up. What will not be forgiven is the persistence in selecting players who clearly are not up to it for one reason or another.

Personally I think this is a good move - top half of Conference will be a great standard for Norman to test his abilities at. Who knows, we may have a re-call clause in there anyway and if he starts banging them in and/or we get an injury crisis up front we may end up with him back before the end of the season and he will have gained a bit more experience at a senior level in the meantime.

Most of us have seen very little of Norman play and are relying on reports from the Under-23 games. Chris Powell, Kevin Keen, Kevin Maher and the other coaches will have seen much much more of him and if they think this is the right move for him rather than more bench/Under 23 time with us then that's good enough for me!

I think it's a calculated risk. I still believe we will survive relegation, but also equally believe we don't stand a chance of the play off's.
Therefore, sending him out on loan to play at National League level for 2 months, is an upgrade & will surely give us a better understanding of what he can currently do, outweighs the same analysis of watching him playing for us in the U23's.

I'm happy he has stepped up a level and will hopefully be getting some game time & goals for them. I wish him all the best & hopefully be considered a real candidate for next season.

I really don't understand what about him has made everyone so convinced he's the answer to our goalscoring woes, yes he's scored a lot in the reserves but Theo Robinson got 4 goals in one match for the reserves, and we've all seen what he's like in front of goal. He took a solitary shot outside the box in his Northampton appearance, the only reason it stood out was because he was the only one that was putting any effort in, which is nice but it doesn't mean he's ready. I'm sure he'll come good in a couple of years but it seems like people want to pin their hopes on him more out of desperation than for any logical reason.

Our youth managers and Powell have seen a lot more of him than us, so I think they're in a better position to know if he's ready. Our season is basically over, I'd rather he got some regular time in non-league than him spending every match restricted to 15 minutes cameos at best.

I also would have thought by now that Fortune has more than proven why he should be in our team, it's disappointing that some people still don't think he's good enough because he doesn't score enough goals, even though that isn't really his role in the team.

Absolutely pleased we have started to wake up again in respect of loaning out our young prospects,, Very few have ever said "it did me no good. " Usually players can also be recalled if absolutely needs be or he is tearing up trees after 4-6 weeks at this loevel Just need to keep up the wise thinking and farm out a few more

A good move, in my opinion, and something we didn't do enough of under Brown and which may have cost some their professional careers. A young football player such as Wabo, needs to be playing to get the necessary experience.

Back