Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44

Thread: How many points do we need to avoid the drop?

  1. #31
    Exiled Kent Shrimper
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    208

    Default

    3 wins from the last 10, 55 points for me!!

    We haven't won in 4 now, so hoping the next win can come soon! I think we will just creep over the line...

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
    I thought Blackpool won 1-0 ? I reckon we just need 2 wins now. 52 points should be adequate.
    Blimey, how late was that goal. It saw it was 0-0 at about 9.45pm so I assumed it was a result.

    I stand corrected. MO.
    Last edited by AndyT; 14-03-2018 at 11:39 AM.

  3. #33

    Default

    Our two wins should come against Oxford whose form is dreadful at the moment and MK franchise although they won last night. I can't see us getting a point against Plymouth, Blackburn or Rotherham so if we fail to beat Gillingham I think we may still be in for a nail biting time. A win at Blackpool would help, but a draw seems more likely. If we still need points for safety going into our last two matches, both away from home.........

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    Our two wins should come against Oxford whose form is dreadful at the moment and MK franchise although they won last night. I can't see us getting a point against Plymouth, Blackburn or Rotherham so if we fail to beat Gillingham I think we may still be in for a nail biting time. A win at Blackpool would help, but a draw seems more likely. If we still need points for safety going into our last two matches, both away from home.........
    Knowing Southend our two wins will come against Blackburn and Plymouth.

    Going into the Walsall game people would have been expecting a good points return from the next four - we're three games into that run and have picked up two points.

    I really don't understand why anyone can think we have a shot of the playoffs. This is a deeply average side, Powell has done well to get them playing out of their skin for the first few games but human nature (and results) suggest they will slowly return to the mean. To get in the playoffs, we'll probably need 74 points. This is 9 wins and 1 draw from the next 10. Anyone who thinks this side (without a goal in three games) is capable of that is, I respectfully suggest, on glue.

    Buy All At Sea online

    @allatseafanzine

    All At Sea, as seen in the Sun, the Southend Echo, the Guardian and FourFourTwo magazine.
    Contribute: allatseafanzine@hotmail.com

  5. #35

    Default

    Anyone who thinks this side (without a goal in three games) is capable of that is, I respectfully suggest, on glue.
    They are bound to become unstuck.

    (See what I did there?)

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    If we still need points for safety going into our last two matches, both away from home.........

    What happened to Bristol Rovers at home on May 5th? Could be nail biter..............

  7. #37

    Default

    Our record under SCP so far is that all the sides we've played above us we've beaten and all the sides below us we have either lost of drawn against, so as 'Jai' says, we'll probably pick up the points at the places we'll least be expected to.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    Our record under SCP so far is that all the sides we've played above us we've beaten and all the sides below us we have either lost of drawn against, so as 'Jai' says, we'll probably pick up the points at the places we'll least be expected to.
    I think it was the new manager effect, then the postponment of the Oldham game and the fact that none of the players expected or wanted the Walsall match killed the momentum that we built up.

  9. #39

    Default

    1 point more than the bottom 4 (unless we get technical with goal difference etc)

    52 points feels safe for me

  10. #40

    Default

    52 points should be enough.I think we were relegated out of the 3rd tier in 1989 on 54 points but that is very rare I think

  11. #41

    Default

    51 points will be enough ,but Chris needs to get the players playing again .in my opinion some players not doing enough

  12. #42

    Default

    So 50 points and a better goal diff than -17 would have done it in the end.
    I think we got 50 points when we beat Rotherham on 24th March. But had we lost every game since then I'm sure we would have had a worse goal difference than -17. So I suppose it was when we beat the Gills on 2nd April.

  13. #43

    Default

    In a few years time our real worries after Christmas and relegation stress will be distant memories and the table will sit there showing us just 3 wins from play offs and in a top half finish.
    I am sure MK fans will remember their rapid disintegration, Cobblers their stutter, stutter, stutter,as will Bury their non starter of a season. Rochdale secured The Great Escape.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo Giovanni View Post
    In a few years time our real worries after Christmas and relegation stress will be distant memories and the table will sit there showing us just 3 wins from play offs and in a top half finish.
    I am sure MK fans will remember their rapid disintegration, Cobblers their stutter, stutter, stutter,as will Bury their non starter of a season. Rochdale secured The Great Escape.
    In fact, we only spent 22 days in 10th or higher. Hit form at the right time. No side spent less time in or above their final position.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ShrimperZone.Com Official Sponsors