Likes Likes:  12
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rochdale v Southend United

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turkishm View Post
    No i live in Turkey, bugger, i promised myself i would not make comments about players. Ihope your right about DY, otherwise we look weak in midfield
    If you're watching the games on ifollow (as I do) it seems to me you're fully entitled to your opinion.Not that I agree with you in this particular case.

TBF he did get in one crunching tackle early in the first half,which the ref. quite rightly blew up for.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

First 10 mins we were on top and played some okay stuff, after that it's been very drab! Midfield lacking any width and MAF not getting any service and/or support! Wright, Woody and Kights barely touched the ball and not adding a lot going forward but we have kept a decent defensive shape!
    Follow me on Twitter : @SZKev

I have TWO now (im blessed!)

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear up the cagire View Post
    Not really working is it. 0-0 at half-time, which on the face of it, is not a bad but we haven't tested their keeper at all. They've looked far more threatening and if anyone deserved a lead it has to be them. Hope we will improve in the second-half
    I'd take a point personally.You're right about them having the better chances though-two useful headers so far.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Listening on Radio I haven't heard AW mentioned much at all. Has he touched the ball?
    55/92

Warning: May contain an opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by Cricko View Post
    Nice pitch laid in no time..ours it shot.
    Let's see if the end performance matches the quality of the pitch. Many people have been blaming the Roots Hall pitch and of course our previous manager. Tonight is all about the players, tactics and individual ability UTB..
    Destiny is in your hands, do not let your hands be lead.

We need bite in the middle of the park
    not always good but never ever boring

Half Time Stats

Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My first half summary.....

Rochdale have created the better goal scoring opportunities.
    There has been some nervy clearances from in and around our box.
    Their defense has looked untroubled.
    We've played some nice football in parts. Shows what we can do on a good surface.
    Coker & Kightly invisible. Fortune working hard but lacks support.
    Fix has had to make a couple of good saves.

I hope we can be more of a threat in the second half.
    Destiny is in your hands, do not let your hands be lead.

We're going to shock them soon with a shot on target. They won't know what's hit them.

What's happened to that fire and fury we showed in our first four matches under SCP? We seem to have reverted to our previous performances....

COYB!!

Demetriou is down seeking some attention from the physio, he is back on his feet and goes into the book for an earlier foul
    Wiggle it, just a little bit!

The Ox is keeping us in this match at the moment.

This is a worryingly poor performance, can't get out of our half. SCP is in danger of becoming CP again
    Remembering the scandal of "Stickersgate"

Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    What's happened to that fire and fury we showed in our first four matches under SCP? We seem to have reverted to our previous performances....

COYB!!
    I suppose a long and wasted trip to Oldham followed by two matches on a pitch that probably shouldn’t have been played on, one of which was only a few days ago, can affect a footballers ability to play with intensity

Quote Originally Posted by Rootshallbloke View Post
    I think we put in a reasonable shift in that half. Admittedly we didn't look threatening in front of goal, apart from Fortune hitting the post, but still not bad. Wright is still finding it difficult to adjust to the pace of the game and I'm not sure where Woody is at times, but Fortune and Oxley have both had a great first half.
    worrying what Powel said in the Echo today, Wordsworth should have been a Premiership player, I’ve seen some nice stuff, but not that level.