• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chrissy Powell is playing all players to see who will stay next season ,I can see lot going , good to see him playing everyone apart from BA and mcglashan and theo

I think we put in a reasonable shift in that half. Admittedly we didn't look threatening in front of goal, apart from Fortune hitting the post, but still not bad. Wright is still finding it difficult to adjust to the pace of the game and I'm not sure where Woody is at times, but Fortune and Oxley have both had a great first half.

Not really working is it. 0-0 at half-time, which on the face of it, is not a bad but we haven't tested their keeper at all. They've looked far more threatening and if anyone deserved a lead it has to be them. Hope we will improve in the second-half

No i live in Turkey, bugger, i promised myself i would not make comments about players. Ihope your right about DY, otherwise we look weak in midfield

If you're watching the games on ifollow (as I do) it seems to me you're fully entitled to your opinion.Not that I agree with you in this particular case.:smile:

TBF he did get in one crunching tackle early in the first half,which the ref. quite rightly blew up for.

First 10 mins we were on top and played some okay stuff, after that it's been very drab! Midfield lacking any width and MAF not getting any service and/or support! Wright, Woody and Kights barely touched the ball and not adding a lot going forward but we have kept a decent defensive shape!

Not really working is it. 0-0 at half-time, which on the face of it, is not a bad but we haven't tested their keeper at all. They've looked far more threatening and if anyone deserved a lead it has to be them. Hope we will improve in the second-half

I'd take a point personally.You're right about them having the better chances though-two useful headers so far.

Listening on Radio I haven't heard AW mentioned much at all. Has he touched the ball?

Nice pitch laid in no time..ours it shot.

Let's see if the end performance matches the quality of the pitch. Many people have been blaming the Roots Hall pitch and of course our previous manager. Tonight is all about the players, tactics and individual ability UTB..:smile:

Half Time Stats

YoyWBp.jpg

My first half summary.....

Rochdale have created the better goal scoring opportunities.
There has been some nervy clearances from in and around our box.
Their defense has looked untroubled.
We've played some nice football in parts. Shows what we can do on a good surface.
Coker & Kightly invisible. Fortune working hard but lacks support.
Fix has had to make a couple of good saves.

I hope we can be more of a threat in the second half.

What's happened to that fire and fury we showed in our first four matches under SCP? We seem to have reverted to our previous performances....

COYB!!

Demetriou is down seeking some attention from the physio, he is back on his feet and goes into the book for an earlier foul

This is a worryingly poor performance, can't get out of our half. SCP is in danger of becoming CP again

What's happened to that fire and fury we showed in our first four matches under SCP? We seem to have reverted to our previous performances....

COYB!!

I suppose a long and wasted trip to Oldham followed by two matches on a pitch that probably shouldn’t have been played on, one of which was only a few days ago, can affect a footballers ability to play with intensity

I think we put in a reasonable shift in that half. Admittedly we didn't look threatening in front of goal, apart from Fortune hitting the post, but still not bad. Wright is still finding it difficult to adjust to the pace of the game and I'm not sure where Woody is at times, but Fortune and Oxley have both had a great first half.

worrying what Powel said in the Echo today, Wordsworth should have been a Premiership player, I’ve seen some nice stuff, but not that level.

Back