Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC in Russia

Default WC in Russia

As far as I'm aware we have no proof so far but if we decide Russia are to blame for the nerve agent attack should we consider boycotting the world cup?

One thing is obvious to me about the whole incident is that virtually none of the protocols for a chemical incident were followed.

Why it took a week to do what should have been done in the first few hours I find difficult to comprehend. Either the authorities have been shockingly negligent or they are trying to stretch it out and make it look worse than it is for political reasons.

I think Putin needs to sit down and watch Rocky IV before Russia get their arse smacked again.
    Last edited by Mad Cyril; 14-03-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Ponce.

Perfumed Ponce.

On the journey to spiritual enlightenment (via the shops)

I would not be surprised, frankly, that this is an Mi6 hit.
    Twitter: @RobertFox278 SIMPLICITER SE NUNQUAM DIMISIT

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The World Cup will be a massive let down for us anyway. It always is.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Boris Johnson started talking about a WC boycott straight away. Others have down graded that to officials boycotting it. Then the Mail put call for a boycott on their front page.
    Would be a vote loser for the team to have to boycott I should think. That may effect a decision.

Emma Bunton's No. 1 stalker, Adam Barretts No. 1 fan. * ORM *'s Avatar
    Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong

Brilliant excuse to avoid the shame of failure yet again. Right behind the idea!
    An SUFC exile in Hong Kong since 1 Feb 2012 and a fan since 1973.

CO-FOUNDER SHRIMPERZONE F.C. and STILL playing league football in HK at the age of 51

No one will give a **** if we pull out apart from us, especially not the Russians. They'll just beat the crap out of the supporters of which ever team replaces us.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

No chance at all of us boycotting the World Cup in Russia.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

I would be in favour of a boycott if we (FA) can organise a Unity Cup for England to play in, alongside selected other teams such as Italy, USA, Holland, Wales, Scotland, N. ireland etc.
    If it was an alternative strong and interesting Cup then maybe Russia would NOT be so happy about the boycott; especially if some broadcasters/sponsors got behind it and withdrew from Russian comp too.

Agreed (tuib),then they say if we do,we wont be allowed to play(if we get there),in the next WC either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    When you say us do you mean Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    no, Fulham!

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    Why would I "mean" that when I'm a UK passport holder?

(Incidentally,I'm not exactly going out on a limb when I say that Spain will,of course,go much further in the WC than England)!
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    That may be so but the question was do you think we should.

I personally took the decision to boycott any future WC's a few years back, because of THIEFA and the choice of host nations. I don't watch any of the qualifiers either. .....In the last 5 major championships, England's players usually start their own boycott once the whistle goes to KO their first group match.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    That may be so but the question was do you think we should.

I personally took the decision to boycott any future WC's a few years back, because of THIEFA and the choice of host nations. I don't watch any of the qualifiers either. .....In the last 5 major championships, England's players usually start their own boycott once the whistle goes to KO their first group match.
    Likewise for me, I stopped going to England games 30 years ago as the fans behavior was too often horrendous, embarrassing, unpleasant and sometimes frightening.
    The last International I attended was at Hillsborough and watched with the Croatian fans a 3 nil demolition of the European champions, Schmichael's Denmark. Both sets of fans were very good.