• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Accrington stanley

mabasfc

Schoolboy
:happy:Hi all been a while since I've been on Shrimperzone, What's your thoughts on Hopefully Stanley getting Promoted this season ,Top at the mo with a game in hand not the best of run ins but you never no. :happy:

Good, historic, local club.
BUT poor open, usually cold and wet away fan end; AND flloodlights to weak .

Rather ASFC than most of the others.
Good luck.

Love Billy Kee has found happiness at Accrington, and brave man to come out re his demons, whilst many fade away from the game

Always keep an eye on your boys and really hope they go up

They were two quality strikes at Luton at the weekend.

Yep, I'd like to see yourselves and Exeter definitely to come up. Not too worried who else.

I don't mind it TBH. Has an odd old-world charm to it.

At Luton anyone taller than 5'6 has problems in the seats and the stewards have always been unpleasant in my experience there.
At Stanley there is no shortage of leg room and the stewards/crowd seem reasonable folk on both time I have been.

Great away day, genuinely always have a great day out when we played over the years. I'd soon rather Accrington come up over Luton. Surely the job your gaffer has done is one of the best in recent times for a club your size? Testament to the staff and players. Good luck for the rest of the season.

At Luton anyone taller than 5'6 has problems in the seats and the stewards have always been unpleasant in my experience there.
At Stanley there is no shortage of leg room and the stewards/crowd seem reasonable folk on both time I have been.

They can both come up! I don't do long awaydays, I can get a bus to Luton. :hilarious:

Another good win yesterday ,we seem to be doing thing the heard way thou,not taking our chances and letting opponents claw their way back in. Score line flattered us a bit.3/4 more wins should see us over the line :happy:

Out of interest MABASFC, how do you think you will be able to stay up in Div 1 ,next season if promoted ?

Must be hard to get players in on what I reckon is a small wage budget, and small crowds ( Not knocking the crowds, as I've been over Roots Hall with small crowds, before the glory Webb and Tilson days)

Love to see you go up. a kick in the teeth for the clubs that have spent heavy on promotion in Div 2

Keep the momentum going :happy:

Out of interest MABASFC, how do you think you will be able to stay up in Div 1 ,next season if promoted ?

Must be hard to get players in on what I reckon is a small wage budget, and small crowds ( Not knocking the crowds, as I've been over Roots Hall with small crowds, before the glory Webb and Tilson days)

Love to see you go up. a kick in the teeth for the clubs that have spent heavy on promotion in Div 2

Keep the momentum going :happy:
Still a bit to go yet, we have nearly all the squad on 2yrs contracts I think J Coleman will bring in experienced league one players also he's good in the loan market. Its going to be hard but worth it:happy:

John Coleman should be the manager of the season, not someone like Pep, I wonder how he would have done as manager of Accrington with the sort of budget they have.

How much dosh did Accers get for Windass Jnr?
Wiki says it was reported to be around £60,000.
Correct Windass and crooks went fore a total of £120k windass was valued £500k min has was Crooks ,but we only had short one yr contracts plus Rangers are a Scotish side and only had to pay the min allowed under fifa..

Last edited:
Back