• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopefully the successful elected councillors in next months local elections will include plenty of pro fossetts development individuals.

IF ONLY YOU HAVE THE MONEY!

Los Angeles F.C. have just built an ultra modern football stadium in downtown Los Angeles in 20months seating 22,000. Admittedly the cost was $390 million! but if you have the money any thing can get down, they even standing only behind the goals, start to finish (April 29th) concept to a team three and a half years!

For those interested, the clubs response to concerns (Supplementary Retail and Leisure Assessment. pp44) raised by the council and commercial bodies with vested business interests in the High Street is now online on the councils website. It is very heavy reading so don't ask me to summarise it but suffice to say the assessment concludes the High Street will not be as negatively impacted as some people have suggested, detailing retailers' future commitments to the town. Also, the rise in visitor numbers over recent years is a key positive factor to the towns continued growth, and as we all know, larger attendances at the new stadium will contribute to this in the future.

The 'Agreed expiry date' of the apllication is now listed as 31st July 2018. Let's hope that all other surveys, reports, you name it are completed, and that it will be discussed at the next Development Control Committee meeting on 6th June.

Come on Ron let's have an update and get everyone talking about our club. You never know it might even boost season ticket sales.

I also note that the '

I for one am pretty excited about the summer. For once the main headline isn't the clubs transfer policy. It would be great to go into next season with the club placing shovels in the ground for our new state of the art stadium.

Surely today's May Day Bank Holiday roads into Southend and seafront parking fiasco MUST teach the SBC planning people the lesson many of us knew; Seaway Car Park MUST not be reduced if the seafront traders are to have half a chance of making some money when the sun does shine.
#fossettsfarmgetitstarted

When are we due the next update or when is the earliest the council will discuss this?

The next Development Control Commitee meeting is 6th June but don’t hold your breath. The agenda for this meeting will be posted on the councils website a week before.

Well we only have June and July before it will need to be resubmitted.

The next Development Control Commitee meeting is 6th June but don’t hold your breath. The agenda for this meeting will be posted on the councils website a week before.
so we can expect the new stadium up and running for August this year:nope:

The fact they’re looking to put banners on the pier has to be a good sign that things will start moving forward soon.

The fact they’re looking to put banners on the pier has to be a good sign that things will start moving forward soon.

Seems to me more like a way to distract from the fact nothing is happening at Fossetts.

Seems to me more like a way to distract from the fact nothing is happening at Fossetts.

i think you will find most councils get upset if you start your development before your get planning permission

Last edited:
From what i've heard (from good sources) there are still many issues yet to be sorted before they can even think of putting it to the planning committee. At this stage June is looking optimistic.

Lots of amended planning documents were uploaded to the SBC planning portal last Friday, which is a good sign. Presumably those updates are following discussions with the town planners with a view to having their recommendation to approve.

The cost of the planning application so far is around £1.4m

Back