• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Apart from the new survey request this article isn’t something we didn’t already know, and as it says in the article it shouldn’t materially affect the application. Still hoping for a late summer decision.

The flood risk assessment was amended in mid July following feedback from the council.

As ever, reading the smoke signals of all this is fraught with danger but it would be seriously unjustifiable for the council to allow so much work to be done and so much money to be spent on the finer details of all these plans and strategies if their intention was to bin it once it comes before committee. I do wish everyone involved would get a bloody move on though!!

anyone know when this may finally get to a SBC meeting, for a decision?

anyone know when this may finally get to a SBC meeting, for a decision?

No, no one knows yet, it is not listed to be discussed at the next Development Control Committee meeting (Weds 3rd October), the next scheduled meeting is on the Weds 7th November, but we will not know what is to be on the list until about a week before.

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this, but this seems to have turned into more of a general post with updates on Fossetts and seems to be more current, so figured I'd ask in here.

What are the chances of this going ahead? Must say, from the perspective of someone who is spending more and more time (Perhaps more than I originally intended!) with my kid down RH, I've read a bit into this post and a couple of previous ones and the consensus seems to be 'take with a pinch of salt'. Do things such as the Hilton signing a deal, convince others who seem to have seen and heard it all before any different? Or this is just as likely to not happen as other occasions previous?

I love an old school ground, and I think Roots Hall is a great throwback, but it's obvious for anyone to see for the club to progress and potentially even survive as times goes on, this project is paramount. Fingers crossed for good news soon, as from the images I've seen, it looks very good, and doesn't seem to be a million miles from the pitch like most new stadia these days, so it may not end up as a soul-less replica of the Hamsters toilet bowl!

A stack of new documents are also on the Southend Council planning portal, which is what I’m guessing this article refers to. Among them are independent legal opinions relating to the Green Belt Assessment - which basically state full support for the compliance of the application with relevant law and other considerations.

While we are all probably very (VERY) weary of this process, the sheer weight of effort and expense the club has gone to this time makes it feel very different for me. I do think this will be considered by SBC and RDC in the next 3-4 months and my money is on it being passed with conditions. Those conditions may lead to the next delay, depending on what they are. Let’s see.

The article mentions that planning application for Roots Hall development has not been submitted yet. I'm guessing the money to build at Fossetts is coming from the Roots Hall sale - would this mean any delays in the Roots Hall application would also cause further delays to Fossetts?

You'd think this news would generate a lot of activity on here but it's seen 2 posts just goes to show how much faith the fans have in this project - all very tiresome. Ben Coker's reply to the tweet of crying face emojis followed by 'no chance lol' says it all.

Because we’ve been there so many times before. We’ve heard it all before, until it gets approved and building work starts no one really cares.

The latest documents that have been added are the results of the extensive Archaeology Evaluation Survey and the new Green Belt Assessment all posted up on the 8th October.

I have now read through all of it, (There are 100's of pages) and my summary is:-

1. Archaeology Evaluation Survey = nothing of consequence found.
2. Green Belt Assessment = although there will be a small impact on the Green Belt it believes there are very special circumstances to allow development.

http://publicedrms.southend.gov.uk/...arch&viewdocs=true&SDescription=17/00733/FULM

Ron has to make this work, or he sunk beyond trace, At least the club have kept his drean alive,

Ron has to make this work, or he sunk beyond trace, At least the club have kept his drean alive,

I don’t think Ron would be sunk. The RH site is his get out of jail fred Card

What he could do is build a cheap little 10,000 seater and no retail. That would be passed by the council and sell on the rest of FF to a developer.

Would that suit anyone ?

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that Brexit will make this go tits up, just like the financial crisis scuppered the last time we got close to getting this built?

Does anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that Brexit will make this go tits up, just like the financial crisis scuppered the last time we got close to getting this built?

Does seem like the perfect excuse for it to not go ahead.

Back