• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues ‘n’ twos

Newbie⭐
Anyone got any idea what is going on at Fossetts at the moment?

I have just driven past there and noticed a big “Plant” cabin and a single digger on the land, now I’m not stupid enough to think that 1digger is the start of anything, but there appears to be a couple of minor excavations underway?

I’m Sure it’s nothing important but if anyone can elaborate ?

If there were a few geezers with dowsing rods as well, they are probably locating the fabled war chest. The digger would be essential because, for sure, it's been buried deep.

Are they the same lot that relayed the pitch at Roots Hall?

ilj8UL.jpg

ONgizw.jpg

B6SNje.jpg

Yet another stumbling block put in place by SBC. However at least it will be done for when the application is taken in to consideration. Have never known a local council make it so difficult for a local football club try and expand. They obviously don't like Uncle Ron!

Yet another stumbling block put in place by SBC. However at least it will be done for when the application is taken in to consideration. Have never known a local council make it so difficult for a local football club try and expand. They obviously don't like Uncle Ron!

As much as I agree that SBC have hardly been supportive of our plans to move to a new stadium, this archaeological dig, for me, is no less than should be done. FF is a only a good spit in a strong wind away from the Royal Saxon tomb find in Prittlewell and who knows what else the area may hold. I love my football but not at any cost.

Perhaps they will find a treasure chest. A Saxon one on Ron's land!!!!

As much as I agree that SBC have hardly been supportive of our plans to move to a new stadium, this archaeological dig, for me, is no less than should be done. FF is a only a good spit in a strong wind away from the Royal Saxon tomb find in Prittlewell and who knows what else the area may hold. I love my football but not at any cost.

Is that the same SBC that approved the last stadium plans about 5 years or longer ago. Ron could have started building the new ground then if he had the money.

To be fair the council have been pretty much in favour of all Rons 50 different stadium plans. It's just that hardly any of the plans have ever been submitted fully. That's not the council's fault.

I heard some rare newts have been found and the new stadium can't go ahead????

From what I have read in the Echo......so it must be true.......there was an ancient fort built close to where Waitrose is now, but conveniently they still got the planning permission, did they have an Archelogical survey done? Or is it one rule for one and another rule for us?

This is standard procedure and the site is adjacent to a significant historical monument.

The council haven't made it difficult for us at all, they approved the previous plan don't forget and have made positive noises about this one. The reason we haven't moved is down to us.

I heard some rare newts have been found and the new stadium can't go ahead????

Not true. Even if there are a number of great crested newts all you have to do is catch them and move them. It takes time, but it won't stop the stadium going ahead.

It's simple. All eggs are now in 1 basket and it rests on the council's decision in June or July.

Green light and it's all systems go. Red light and where do we go?

Tbf to SBC this is probably the biggest development the town has seen.

I don't know why they wouldn't want this to work?

There have been a number of developments put to the council over the last 40 years which are, for most people, "no brainers" such as the marina idea (which went to Brighton when SBC messed and fannyed about) so I don't have much confidence in it passing.

Back