• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not everyone buys a programme - goes on club website - reads shrimperzone! So yes a renewal letter is needed!!

'Not everyone buys a programme' - Yep, agreed.
'Not everyone goes on club website' - Yep, why would they?
'Not everyone reads shrimperzone' - Really? You're havin' a larf, surely.

Admin fees, as such, have not been made illegal.
What was made illegal was to charge a fee for using a credit or debit card.

Admin fees such as 'booking fees' for theatre/gig tickets, fees for posting out tickets, fees for collecting tickets from box offices, etc. are all still legal and still in place. One theatre a couple of weeks back even wanted to charge me £1 per ticket 'for the convenience' of printing my own ticket at home using my own printer, electricity and ink! :stunned:
In fact Just Eats went the other way and scrapped the credit card/debit card fee but then introduced a charge for all transactions including cash!

If the club had wished they could have introduced a £5 'booking fee' for all ST transactions, including cash... :whistling:

The government was saying they want to ban card fees for years, but they kept adding them on the dvla website, for road tax..double standards.

Not everyone buys a programme - goes on club website - reads shrimperzone! So yes a renewal letter is needed!!

So a person goes to games and has a season ticket, the season draws to a close and that person realises that after a summer break the next season starts and it will be a new season, does that person need a reminder for renewal? No more needed than a reminder for Christmas.............................................or their wedding anniversary:facepalm:

One of the sadder things about having tickets on plastic cards is the demise of the season ticket book. Waiting for the 'plop' of the envelope with the wad of tickets for the coming season was one of the main pleasures of the summer, somehow waiting for an email confirmation is not quite the same.
Plus we had tokens in the book for free admission to early cup games and pre season matches if I recall.

A very sensible little brochure offering renewal and highlighting the benefits arrived here yesterday for us three season card holders. Not long left to catch the early bird offer though.

So a person goes to games and has a season ticket, the season draws to a close and that person realises that after a summer break the next season starts and it will be a new season, does that person need a reminder for renewal? No more needed than a reminder for Christmas.............................................or their wedding anniversary:facepalm:
The point i am trying to make is for the early bird offer cut off date! This changes every season. This year it is April 3rd. Just feel that it is important for the club to inform STH or new buyers when this is . Obviously supporters know they have to renew . As it is now I would not have known the cut off date was so soon had I not seen it on here!

The point i am trying to make is for the early bird offer cut off date! This changes every season. This year it is April 3rd. Just feel that it is important for the club to inform STH or new buyers when this is . Obviously supporters know they have to renew . As it is now I would not have known the cut off date was so soon had I not seen it on here!

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me....:thumbsup:

Unless I have missed it, there is usually something in the Evening Echo with the date but haven't seen it so far.

Unless I have missed it, there is usually something in the Evening Echo with the date but haven't seen it so far.

It has been in Echo, it has been in match day programmes, and Mike on the mic at games has been putting it out there at the last few home games.
Apologises, no offence intended if this reads harsh, however the season ticket renewal is much the same every year with early discount etc and in these days of enhanced IT communication across multi media as well as just mate chat I find it hard to understand how persons might "miss" the renewal?

I paid for mine in cash on Wednesday and the fella working there said they have scrapped the £5 admin fee

I never paid it anyway. Every year I rang up and complained, and they waived it.

A very sensible little brochure offering renewal and highlighting the benefits arrived here yesterday for us three season card holders. Not long left to catch the early bird offer though.

Which will be extended like it is every year.

I got one today. Don't have a season ticket and can't see myself getting one in the foreseeable future but you can't blame them for trying.

One of the sadder things about having tickets on plastic cards is the demise of the season ticket book. Waiting for the 'plop' of the envelope with the wad of tickets for the coming season was one of the main pleasures of the summer, somehow waiting for an email confirmation is not quite the same.
I see your point, but the pleasure/excitement now is the “ will it/won’t it “ work on the first match of the season , followed by the inevitable after it doesn’t work and they confiscate it “ will my new card arrive before the next match” and then the “ will it/ won’t it work “ saga again. The thrill and excitement of it actually working means the match can be an anticlimax

Last edited:

Have you thought of using Senokot? :blush:

Back