• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Sounded like a fairly even game on the radiogram, chances for both sides and another point picked up away from home towards safety.

Still unbeaten away since SCP came in.

I don't know what Fortune had for breakfast, but once again he put in a strong performance leading their back 4 a merry dance. Coxy was being Coxy but after his yellow he really did have to be careful as Blackpool were looking to wind him up. Woody obviously bought his match head along because his trickery and guile worked well and his free kick which led to the Fortune goal was vintage Woody. 1-1 at half time, we weren’t outplayed at all, but a shame we conceded so late in the half.

Final whistle blew and with it a resolute defensive display and a 1-1 draw as a result. Robinson didn't bring anything to the party I'm afraid but at least SCP gave him an opportunity when he replaced Coxy. Mantom came on for Fortune and ran about a bit, but pushing Yearwood out to the right lost a lot of his effectiveness. I can't believe I'm saying this after Tuesday but Woody was probably my MoM today closely followed by Oxley Turner and Timlin.

47 points now and 9 games to go. Relegation is looking pretty much a certainty now.:winking:

A solid point, I'd have taken it before. Shame we conceded so late on in the first half and couldn't grind out the win, but draw was probably fair. I thought in the second half we ran out of steam and were giving the ball away too cheaply. Demi could have nicked it near the end, what a pass by Dru to put him in.

MOM Oxley big shouts for Turner and White. Turner's been immense since SCP came in.

Poor old Robinson - nothing comes off for him. His first touch he overran out of play, second was handball, and that was about it. Good thing we've got him tied down to a long contract. :winking:

Sad too see such an empty stadium. The conditions were poor and there was a ton of detritus on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards to safety!

47 points now and 9 games to go. Relegation is looking pretty much a certainty now.:winking:

8 more draws and we should be safe! Of the 9 of the 11 sides below us who played today only 3 lost: Bury, Oldham and Northampton. We must not get complacent.

A solid point, I'd have taken it before. Shame we conceded so late on in the first half and couldn't grind out the win, but draw was probably fair. I thought in the second half we ran out of steam and were giving the ball away too cheaply. Demi could have nicked it near the end, what a pass by Dru to put him in.

MOM Oxley big shouts for Turner and White. Turner's been immense since SCP came in.

Poor old Robinson - nothing comes off for him. His first touch he overran out of play, second was handball, and that was about it. Good thing we've got him tied down to a long contract. :winking:

Sad too see such an empty stadium. The conditions were poor and there was a ton of detritus on the pitch.

Yes that was very noticeable on ifollow.Don't they have rubbish bins oop North? :winking:

Blimey, sounds like Robinson needs to lose some weight. :winking:

Match report: Blackpool 1, Southend United 1

SOUTHEND United were held to a third successive stalemate this afternoon, drawing 1-1 at Blackpool.

More...

I don't know whether any one else has noticed but since Chris came in our fouls conceded in games has dropped significantly (BBC Stats):
Going back to December:
Bradford 14
Scunthorpe 15
Charlton 11
Shrewsbury 13
Wimbledon 11
Northampton 15
Fleetwood 14
Scunthorpe 17
Peterborough 17
Wigan 8
Bury 13
Portsmouth 8
Walsall 6
Doncaster 7
Rochdale 8
Blackpool 6

Clearly impacting positively on goals conceded and results.

"
47 points now and 9 games to go. Relegation is looking pretty much a certainty now."

5 points and safe. The dross down the bottom will see to that

Blues boss Powell frustrated with draw against Blackpool

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell was frustrated to see his side held to a 1-1 draw at Blackpool.

More...

5 points and safe. The dross down the bottom will see to that

Yes we should be safe.

I predict draws at home to Rotherham and the Gills, draws away at Oxford and Oldham, defeats at Plymouth, Blackburn and Bradford City and............ victory at home against the MK franchise. Total 7 points.

Mind you, I did predict a win against Walsall so what do I know.

Yes we should be safe.

I predict draws at home to Rotherham and the Gills, draws away at Oxford and Oldham, defeats at Plymouth, Blackburn and Bradford City and............ victory at home against the MK franchise. Total 7 points.

Mind you, I did predict a win against Walsall so what do I know.

So we aren't going to play our home game against Bristol Rovers then?

No, I meant we're safe by then with 54 points. Who cares what happens against Bristol Rovers? If it's important that we get a point or three against them then we are indeed in for a nervous time.......

Nice quote...considering the state of our ploughed field....:whistling:

Back