• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I do not wish to introduce any negativity to CP's reign but something is concerning me. It seems Chris does not fancy Elvis or Kyp. Wabo out on loan and what happened to Ba ? I thought when Chris arrived the youth would be encouraged and given chances. Seems only Dru is considered worthy. What is the point of an academy or even the under 23 side if it leads nowhere ? All our youngsters need to believe there is a chance of making the first team to keep them working hard and developing. What message does it give the 14,15,16 year olds when the 18,19,20 year old are falling by the wayside. I've absolutely nothing against any player currently in the first team but youth must get it's chance

Dru is showing that if you're good enough you will get the opportunity under this manager to be a first team regular and not just be dropped or subbed at the first opportunity. He's demonstrating the point of the academy and the folly of the last manager.

I'd also expect Bwomono to get the nod next week when Demetriou is on international duty (he did when Demetriou picked up a knock against Pompey). Last time Demetriou was on international duty White was moved to RB so this would be progress under the new manager.

Wabo will hopefully gain experience at Ebbsfleet that will stand him in good stead for next season. If that loan spell goes well I'd expect him to be pushing for a first team spot next year. If it doesn't go well, he may not be as advanced as we hope.

ps Neither Kyprianou nor Ba were really academy products. Ba seems to have been overtaken by Wabo prior to CP being appointed and in recent weeks by Emile Acquah. It'll be interesting to see what CP thinks is Kyprianou's best position.

Dru is showing that if you're good enough you will get the opportunity under this manager to be a first team regular and not just be dropped or subbed at the first opportunity. He's demonstrating the point of the academy and the folly of the last manager.

I'd also expect Bwomono to get the nod next week when Demetriou is on international duty (he did when Demetriou picked up a knock against Pompey). Last time Demetriou was on international duty White was moved to RB so this would be progress under the new manager.

Wabo will hopefully gain experience at Ebbsfleet that will stand him in good stead for next season. If that loan spell goes well I'd expect him to be pushing for a first team spot next year. If it doesn't go well, he may not be as advanced as we hope.

ps Neither Kyprianou nor Ba were really academy products. Ba seems to have been overtaken by Wabo prior to CP being appointed and in recent weeks by Emile Acquah. It'll be interesting to see what CP thinks is Kyprianou's best position.

Contradicting yourself in the same post makes a nice change from the usual two posts

I doubt if many of our youth players grew up sleeping under an SUFC duvet cover with a poster of Leon Cort on the wall.

As such I am not really bothered if they don't play for the first team.

Harry has been called up to Cyprus u21s

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but Nico Cotton was on the bench Saturday. I think that's the first time he's made the match day XVIII in L1.

He did have a loan spell at Lowestoft in the Isthmian Premier earlier this season.

I don't think anyone's mentioned it yet, but Nico Cotton was on the bench Saturday. I think that's the first time he's made the match day XVIII in L1.

He did have a loan spell at Lowestoft in the Isthmian Premier earlier this season.

According to the Club twitter feed and Chris Phillips Echo Report before the game Josh Wright was a sub - yet as you say the listings (including the Club's) after the game have Cotton on the bench. Wright started at Rochdale - it's not been mentioned anywhere why he wasn't involved.

He had 17 minutes against Reading U23s.

According to the Club twitter feed and Chris Phillips Echo Report before the game Josh Wright was a sub - yet as you say the listings (including the Club's) after the game have Cotton on the bench. Wright started at Rochdale - it's not been mentioned anywhere why he wasn't involved.

He had 17 minutes against Reading U23s.

I wonder if that's a mistake and it should have been 44 instead of 14?

That would make more sense, unless like Anton he was a late withdrawal due to illness as well (but then it would be weird that Anton's withdrawal was reported and his wasn't).

Lets win 2 more games and then relax before getting ahead of ourselves.

I am still a little concerned, could easily lose the next 4 in a row against inform teams and then we will really be looking over our shoulders.

lets hope for a win at home this weekend that will make everything g much more comfortable!!

Back