• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As mentioned elsewhere - I have never rated Timlin (along with others) but unfortunately in our position we are stuck with that kind of player

We're unlikely to be "stuck" with him much longer, as he's out of contract at the end of the season.I imagine as someone said (sorry forget who) that he'll be off to Swindon for a two year deal if PB stays as manager
there next season.

Personally I hope Cox stays but at 36 I can't see MAF getting anything more than a pay as you play deal.

We're unlikely to be "stuck" with him much longer, as he's out of contract at the end of the season.I imagine as someone said (sorry forget who) that he'll be off to Swindon for a two year deal if PB stays as manager
there next season.

Personally I hope Cox stays but at 36 I can't see MAF getting anything more than a pay as you play deal.

Timlin is a warrior -not a footballer he was 33 this week. Fortune is 37 on 2nd July, Cox 31 at end of April, Ferdinand 33 Turner 34, Kightly 32,White 32 in July. Experience and class they have - pace they have not.

... LOL :smile:

There is also a way of filtering it down by club, as well.

Last edited:
Well if we're going to start naming names already, I see Oztumer on that list. He can replace Wordsworth. :smile:

There isn't a lot of strikers on that list though... I think we'll retain Cox, and if the Robinson we saw vs Gillingham is the player we can expect to see under CP then that's a bonus. MAF is still a mystery to me. I think he will retire but I'm not sure. Just because you can play on doesn't should, think about those knees.

As mentioned elsewhere - I have never rated Timlin (along with others) but unfortunately in our position we are stuck with that kind of player

As mentioned elsewhere - I (along with others) have always rated Timlin because in our position we could be stuck with much worse.

Obvious personnel changes needed.
Personally a push for a play off spot and positive news on the stadium front will be a good season.
The long term landscape of what success means for this club depends on our stadium situation.

Chronologically; get deals sorted NOW with players (and back room staff) to keep.
Get SBC to agree plans to get stadium started.
Sign proper CEO.
List of players "wanted" for next season, get them signed up as soon as.
Sort out who will be captain, Coker isn't for me the man but then I want a Paul Clarke, Adam B type leader.
Proper pre-season build up; with any injuries sorted pdq.
Get pitch sorted and sized for width to use wingers, build up surrounds to give better run for corner kicks.
Must be more!
New strips to return to correct (Hi-tec type) blue shirts and true yellow away strip with major local sponsor.

Regarding the stadium, I've heard things not all rosy at all, and it's nothing to do with planning...

For next season to be a success, my priority would be a big lump striker for Cox to play off, someone from the Barry Corr mould.

Regarding the stadium, I've heard things not all rosy at all, and it's nothing to do with plaining...

For next season to be a success, my priority would be a big lump striker for Cox to play off, someone from the Barry Corr mould.

Care to elaborate ?

Allegedly, there are issues around the agreement with British Land.

We need to strengthen the squad in pretty much all areas. The lack of pace at the back is an issue and getting some creativity in midfield would be a step very useful. Also, I'd be very keen to keep Sam Mantom, who definitely adds something to the middle of the park for us. However, our top priority has got to be finding a consistent goal scorer. Unfortunately, they are like gold dust. CP has got a big job on his hands during the summer, but I still think that with a full pre-season and getting in some of the players that Powell wants, then we can be a real threat next season.

Keeping Oxley is a priority (Whatever happened to Ted Smith)
A younger partner at the back for Turner, promote Kyp's. Keirnan maybe but still a younger version is needed. The other back three fine for me and we already have back up.
Midfield I am Wordsworth's biggest fan , but at moment I struggle to see where he can fit in the way we are set up, but I would still keep him.
Macca and Kight's together is a bit of a luxury, again Kights what class but Macca does seems to be more consistant.
Timlin what a great servant, but I think he will move on and a battling midfilelder who can sit in front of the back four.
Dru is still so young, lets appreciate him while he is here, at most he will be here for the whole season of next year.
A partner in midfield for Dru idealy Sam with a similar recruit, maybe keep Wordy's as he offers that goalscoring threat. Please don't play him out on wing.
Now our problem. Up Front. Fortune No Thanks. Cox. Yes he is so intelligent., look at what he does off the ball, but not enough goals.
As everyone has said PRIORITY a forward similar to big bad Barry, but a division above, if it costs a lot to bring one in, fine.
Its what we have missed all season. Let. Fortune, Timlin, Mc Glasshan, White, Ferdenand, Ladpo, Mullins go or send out for a season

Keeping Oxley is a priority (Whatever happened to Ted Smith)
A younger partner at the back for Turner, promote Kyp's. Keirnan maybe but still a younger version is needed. The other back three fine for me and we already have back up.
Midfield I am Wordsworth's biggest fan , but at moment I struggle to see where he can fit in the way we are set up, but I would still keep him.
Macca and Kight's together is a bit of a luxury, again Kights what class but Macca does seems to be more consistant.
Timlin what a great servant, but I think he will move on and a battling midfilelder who can sit in front of the back four.
Dru is still so young, lets appreciate him while he is here, at most he will be here for the whole season of next year.
A partner in midfield for Dru idealy Sam with a similar recruit, maybe keep Wordy's as he offers that goalscoring threat. Please don't play him out on wing.
Now our problem. Up Front. Fortune No Thanks. Cox. Yes he is so intelligent., look at what he does off the ball, but not enough goals.
As everyone has said PRIORITY a forward similar to big bad Barry, but a division above, if it costs a lot to bring one in, fine.
Its what we have missed all season. Let. Fortune, Timlin, Mc Glasshan, White, Ferdenand, Ladpo, Mullins go or send out for a season
Fully agree your 1st 6 should be let go, but reserve judgement on Mullins...we haven’t seen him play much....ever!

Back