• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
It's been a bit quite on here lately so I'm 'chucking in' an early pre-match thread for Saturday.

Rotherham are 4th in the table at the moment but have lost 2 out of their last three games so all to play for. Three points for Southend will get us to the 50 points mark so it would be great if we could go out there and give them a whacking (I'm feeling optimistic).

Demetriou is out on International duty so the right back berth is up for grabs. Also it will be interesting to see whether Ferdinand has recovered from his illness of last Saturday.

I'm going for this starting line-up:

Oxley
Bwomono White Turner Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
Cox Fortuné

It's been a bit quite on here lately so I'm 'chucking in' an early pre-match thread for Saturday.

Rotherham are 4th in the table at the moment but have lost 2 out of their last three games so all to play for. Three points for Southend will get us to the 50 points mark so it would be great if we could go out there and give them a whacking (I'm feeling optimistic).

Demetriou is out on International duty so the right back berth is up for grabs. Also it will be interesting to see whether Ferdinand has recovered from his illness of last Saturday.

I'm going for this starting line-up:

Oxley
Bwomono White Turner Coker
McLaughlin Yearwood Timlin Kightly
Cox Fortuné

I think CP is already experimenting a bit to see what works and doesn't work with an eye on next season. I think Wordsworth probably gets the nod over McLaughlin and maybe a change up front as well, although not sure to what!

I think CP is already experimenting a bit to see what works and doesn't work with an eye on next season. I think Wordsworth probably gets the nod over McLaughlin and maybe a change up front as well, although not sure to what!

I had Woody down as my MoM against Blackpool. Not everyone's choice, but he did have his 'working hard' head on. It was therefore a bit tough to leave him out but McLaughlin's work rate is better than Woody's and I don't feel confident that he can deliver another 'working hard' performance two games running. At the end of the day it's Powell's choice that matters.

The question mark over Wordsworth is whether or not he can have any influence on our pitch. It has been said he has a lack of work rate but I’m sure that myth was dispelled and it is just his body language making it seem like he doesn’t work.

His game relies on crisp, short, accurate passing and that will never happen with the Roots Hall mud bath the way it is.

I went to the Away match before flying to the Falklands, Moore, Proctor and Williams ripped us apart.

Moore has gone (thank god) but unfortunately they have signed an ex Shrimper on loan. Caolan Lavery who will no doubt score as the ex Shrimpers always love too.

Proctor and Williams were exceptional at their place along with Moore I really hope it’s not the same in this game. We could do with getting 3 points under our belt to get a gap going and help cement our place in League one.

I went to the Away match before flying to the Falklands, Moore, Proctor and Williams ripped us apart.

Moore has gone (thank god) but unfortunately they have signed an ex Shrimper on loan. Caolan Lavery who will no doubt score as the ex Shrimpers always love too.

Proctor and Williams were exceptional at their place along with Moore I really hope it’s not the same in this game. We could do with getting 3 points under our belt to get a gap going and help cement our place in League one.

Unfortunately i was there too. I couldn't believe what i was seeing tbh. Completely run ragged. One of the most inept performances I've seen from a sufc side.

That said Rotherham terrorised us from start to finish.

I never realised that Worsdworth & Mark Oxley were both on the books at Rotherham.

Talking of goalkeepers, their main shot stopper Marek Rodak (on loan from Fulham) will miss our match as he is also away on international duty with Slovakia.

So hopefully that could be a bit of positive news.

Can see us winning this one as we always play much better against top six sides and seem more up for playing them

Powell: "I know who is going to play at right-back because I’ve always envisaged what will happen in international week."

"Anton Ferdinand is available again for Saturday's game after recovering from illness".

Would be nice if the Southend of SCP's first few home games turned up tomorrow rather than the Wallsall version!

Greetings from Tokashima, most of you will be tucked up in bed as I write, but come around 11 pm here I will be desperately relying on your news feeds, Would be superb if we win as 51 points seems to be most Managers perception of safety but happy to see 1-1 if I can stay awake long enough' cmon you blues

Rotherham have lost just twice in their last 17 matches, so I will be surprised if we get a victory to be honest, they have one of the best goal scoring records in the league, but pretty much average on conceding goals. It will be interesting to see if lady luck plays a part for us, in terms of Rotherham losing their 1st choice goalkeeper because he is away on international duty.

So on that basis, I'm realistically pinning my hopes on them having an off day and us having a good day at Roots Hall, and predict it will be a 1-1 draw.

UTS
:happy:

Back